Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to end lease/ Confused over choice.

Options
  • 29-12-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Myself and the fella are living together and are paying 1150e for a 2 bed small apartment. I've been there 7 months, he has been here 1.5 months and hasn't signed the lease. I don't have a copy of the lease as he was meant to move in sooner and sign it and then we'd get the copy.

Have been looking at other properties in city centre and they are way cheaper than our current flat. We have fallen in love with an apartment and would love to get it. That agency will be open again on 2nd but I've emailed my interest for a viewing asap.

It also turns out that 2 apartments in our current complex have opend up (1 bedroom) and they are 700e and 800e. One is directly above us.

Emailed my agency and told her I was giving in my notice of 35 days to be out by 1st Feb. I expressed interest in renting the flat above us. I THINK my contract had a 6 month break clause. I have to wait for her to get back to us.

We don't know what to do now. Take the cheap but smaller apartment upstairs? Or just take the city centre apartment before its snapped up? We might lose the deposit here though.

What if she won't let us move out until our year lease is up? Am I within my rights to leave with my deposit? What are the chances of her realistically letting us swap into the cheaper apartment? Will I have to finish the rent off here, next rent is due 26th Jan.

Any advice or ideas? :)

Advertisement