Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiking drinks

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

My friend spiked me with ecstasy a few years back. The pill didnt dissolve(in bulmers, i think it was could of been some german beer) and sat at the bottom of the glass. The drink didnt taste any different. I saw it sitting at the bottom of the glass, knocked the drink back and thanked him. Was a good night.

In an age when nobody takes personal responsibilty for anything its not surprising that people use the "spiked" card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nusername

any chance of you reading the whole thread? maybe reading the OP's last post explaining her username?
    Sorry, I wasn't following the thread looking for updates, just thought it odd at the time. Still don't buy it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The makers of Rohypnol have changed the drug so that it will now completely alter the complexion of a drink by changing it's colour, this is to stop it being used as a date rape drug

Where I live (a small town) you hear of at least one person a month claiming their drink was spiked, 99% of them are bullsh1tting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

If drinks actually got spiked, I would bring a hip flask with me everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

As Terry said its nearly all too much drink.

The amount of effort to single out a girl, spike her drink, get her alone and then get her out of the club with CCTV, groups of friends and bouncers on every door would be near impossible.

As a male when in a club I always have to work out whether the girl I'm chatting to is drunk enough to regret the next day and scream rape. It's happened to two other guys I know and ruined there lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have heard about blokes being spiked and rolled in Prague, but never here.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Heroin is used ecstasy sometimes, it's really quite horrific to take an e laced with it, there is a possibility that the guy above had taken e but had never taken a turn to it and therefore assumed his drink was spiked - backed up by the toxology reports.
    It's more likely the bad exprerience you/your friend/your pet ferret had with dirty E was caused by DXM, which is the active ingredient in many cough medicines and a common ecstasy adulterant. I can imagine it'd be pretty nasty if you weren't prepared for it. While heroin is infrequently found in pills it's most likely it got there as a result of being brewed in the same proverbial bathtub as the MDMA.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    It's more likely the bad exprerience you/your friend/your pet ferret had with dirty E was caused by DXM, which is the active ingredient in many cough medicines and a common ecstasy adulterant. I can imagine it'd be pretty nasty if you weren't prepared for it. While heroin is infrequently found in pills it's most likely it got there as a result of being brewed in the same proverbial bathtub as the MDMA.

luvly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

t
    Illicit drugs such as Ecstacy, LSD, Fantasy, (also known as Liquid Ecstacy or GHB), Ketamine and other party drugs are known to be used. .

Anyone who knows what LSD does would know that it is probably the worst possible thing to "spike" someone with. They wouldn't become receptive at all, they would just go mental or wander off. 'known to be used' me arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

after a few years in the bar trade, you realise than anyone carrying anything illegal that they could spike a drink with are gonna use it themselves or sell it to others.

99% of those who claim their drinks were spiked just plain drink too much and want an excuse for the stupid sh1t they did while buckled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The amount of effort to single out a girl, spike her drink, get her alone and then get her out of the club with CCTV, groups of friends and bouncers on every door would be near impossible.

James Bond could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

KamiKazi wrote: »
    after a few years in the bar trade, you realise than anyone carrying anything illegal that they could spike a drink with are gonna use it themselves or sell it to others.

99% of those who claim their drinks were spiked just plain drink too much and want an excuse for the stupid sh1t they did while buckled.

What he said.
    Not saying it doesn't happen, but its not as common as people think it is.

Valmont wrote: »
    Anyone who knows what LSD does would know that it is probably the worst possible thing to "spike" someone with. They wouldn't become receptive at all, they would just go mental or wander off. 'known to be used' me arse.

it was taken from a drugs site - I didn't just come up with random drugs and list them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

it was taken from a drugs site - I didn't just come up with random drugs and list them.

Yes, but the drugs site probably did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

LOL do you know how many ridiculous amounts of heroin is needed for it to be effective orally?? You could not fit it in a pill and lacing it would be pointless.

Heroin in e is a complete myth. Pills cost a few cent to make, putting heroin in will firstly have no effect and will secondly push up production costs to a stupid degree it doesnt happen

Well I think you will find a huge list of things found in XTC pills, one of them being heroin. It was opium, not the heroin you would find on the street. LSD can also be used in spiking drinks. Ever hear of a "snowball"? Pill was dropped into my mates drink, LSD found in his blood on one occasion, and opium found in his blood on another occasion. I am not plucking this out of the air, but a doctors toxology report. One test taken in Tallaght hospital and another in Naas hospital.

Pills can be extrelemy cheap so I can't see anyone being at a huge loss. What reason someone has for spiking a drink with LSD or Heroin, I do not know. I have theories though :)
    esel wrote: »
    I have heard about blokes being spiked and rolled in Prague, but never here.

What is "spiked and rolled" (I get the spiked part, but the rolled part?)

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Yes, but the drugs site probably did.

not an irish site so I'm sure that will incur some stick on my end but it's a Government website run by the Australian Federal Police
    http://www.thesource.gov.au/drinkspiking/things_you_should_know.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

it's a Government website run by the Australian Federal Police
    Yeah, that pretty much confirms my suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Well I think you will find a huge list of things found in XTC pills, one of them being heroin. It was opium, not the heroin you would find on the street. LSD can also be used in spiking drinks. Ever hear of a "snowball"? Pill was dropped into my mates drink, LSD found in his blood on one occasion, and opium found in his blood on another occasion. I am not plucking this out of the air, but a doctors toxology report. One test taken in Tallaght hospital and another in Naas hospital.

Pills can be extrelemy cheap so I can't see anyone being at a huge loss. What reason someone has for spiking a drink with LSD or Heroin, I do not know. I have theories though :)

Robbed, mugged etc.

I agree with you on the price of pills.
    They are ridiculously cheap and there are people out there who would spike someone for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

As the previous poster said, 'rolled' is a term for having your valuables stolen while you are unconscious. It comes from having to roll the person over (usually) to get at their wallet. I first saw it in a book by William Burroughs, where he wrote about stealing money for drugs by rolling 'lushes' in the subway - a lush being a person who is comatose from over-indulgence in alcohol.

Not your ornery onager

Jesus, a friend of mine gave me another definition for it. Getting spiked and waking up with one less kidney or lung. I am sure it happens, how often I don't know. That's a pretty horrible situation to wake up in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Well I think you will find a huge list of things found in XTC pills, one of them being heroin. It was opium, not the heroin you would find on the street. LSD can also be used in spiking drinks. Ever hear of a "snowball"?
    Snowballs are pills containing MDA instead of MDMA; they have nothing to do with heroin. Heroin or opium would not be active orally in pill sized amounts.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Snowballs are pills containing MDA instead of MDMA; they have nothing to do with heroin. Heroin or opium would not be active orally in pill sized amounts.

Not saying it was active, if he got "high" or a "buzz" off it either, I said that it was in his blood. Nothing more nothing less. Cannot say that a toxology report is lying. The doctors used the term as they had cases of it recently, one girl died from the same mix of drugs. Not sure if she was spiked or willingly took the drug herself.

Advertisement