Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do successful women settle for lazy lumps?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Moved from Economics to... somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Moved from Economics to... somewhere.

boards.ie > Rec > The Ladies Lounge

Ah, not hostile territory at all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Had to be done :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, I'd say there's just as many successful men, if not more, stuck with lazy ladies-who-lunch lumps.

Alliteration. Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Well, it comes from "Lifestyle" section of that paper. Celebrity/gossip/Gerald Keane/sh*te section of that paper or any paper for that matter, is usually found there, along with lazy journalism

• Advertisement

Well, it comes from "Lifestyle" section of that paper. Celebrity/gossip/Gerald Keane/sh*te section of that paper or any paper for that matter, is usually found there, along with lazy journalism

I would have thought the whole paper itself is full of sh*te.

,8,1 wrote: »
    I would have thought the whole paper itself is full of sh*te.

All newspapers are full of sh*te.:) They are there to make money, first and foremost. And celebrity sh*te/Fiona Looneyesque pieces are what sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

All newspapers are full of sh*te.:) They are there to make money, first and foremost. And celebrity sh*te/Fiona Looneyesque pieces are what sell.

Fiona Looney and her ilk should be made read their own musings for eternity as a punishment for inflicting that twee, vaucus, Bridget Jonesey rubbish on the rest of us.

Fiona Looney and her ilk should be made read their own musings for eternity as a punishment for inflicting that twee, vaccus, Bridget Jonesey rubbish on the rest of us.

And to think this country produced one of the greatest humour columists ever, Myles na gCapaleen. Yet, we have to put up with Looney telling us how funny nappyrash really is.

And to think this country produced one of the greatest humour columists ever, Myles na gCapaleen. Yet, we have to put up with Looney telling us how funny nappyrash really is.

Love Flann O'Brien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh sweet jesus. That's me finished defending the Indo forever, how is that journalist in a job.....:eek:

On topic; the article is a load of ****e but it does have something you can try and take from its ashes imo; Similar enough to the +30s are Desperate thread, I'd see it as common enough amongst my older cousins and their friends, when they see one of their peers make the trek down the aisle panic stations abound and inevitably if you're in that state of mind your choices aren't going to be the best (Like arriving late to the Jan sales when you've to sift the ****e in panic :p) which henceforth leads to relationships/marriages of the type mentioned in that article, i.e. disasterous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Lazy journalism in the Indo. Well I never! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This isn't about the Indo... the OP is an unbelievable misogynist and is only using the thread as a platform for his insane anti-woman ramblings. Read some of his past posts... awesome stuff.

Dudess wrote: »
    This isn't about the Indo... the OP is an unbelievable misogynist and is only using the thread as a platform for his insane anti-woman ramblings. Read some of his past posts... awesome stuff.

"I don't care who he's after so long as I get to have a go at the Greeks Indo".

:p

Dudess wrote: »

Some pretty entertaining stuff going on in that head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Silverfish wrote: »
    Well, I'd say there's just as many successful men, if not more, stuck with lazy ladies-who-lunch lumps.

Alliteration. Its great.

Hmmm, the thanks button is removed from your post.:D

Meh wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

actuly there's some truth to this....

my friend earns a grand total of 0 euros a week, his gf whos just baught a house has a very promissing carrer. and earns loads he on the other hand does nothing, is lazy can't make dsessions so every one else makes them for him in other words yeah there's truth in that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Im the bigger earner between the two of us. Ive never made an issue of it, nor would I ever. But it would be true to say that in some cases, ambition is something that wanes if they see that the OH is doing well, and the home is financially comfortable.

Abigayle wrote: »
    Im the bigger earner between the two of us. Ive never made an issue of it, nor would I ever. But it would be true to say that in some cases, ambition is something that wanes if they see that the OH is doing well, and the home is financially comfortable.

Do us a favour missus....stand right there, eyes closed for a count of 10. Whatever you do don't peek!

Kay?

~Rubs hands gleefully~

~Disposes Zaph from his throne~

~Lines up~
    ~Squats on top the perch~
    Deep breathe!
    ~Takes flight and bodyslams the deserter into submission~

((((Shackles ladies!!!! Before she manages to escape again!))))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Gah! You tricked meh! :-)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moonbaby wrote: »
    ~Disposes Zaph from his throne~

And just how wise do you think tha.....hang on a second.....I have a throne???? WooHoo!!!!!!! \o/

It's located in the outhouse. We've engraved the top of the rudimentary cistern (a bucket) with your initials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

actuly there's some truth to this....

my friend earns a grand total of 0 euros a week, his gf whos just baught a house has a very promissing carrer. and earns loads he on the other hand does nothing, is lazy can't make dsessions so every one else makes them for him in other words yeah there's truth in that.....

My ma makes 0 euros a week and my da is left to make all the money, and he has two jobs. My ma must be a right sponger.

I know that's not really what you are talking about here, but I realised a while ago that it does no good trying to understand someone else's relationship, only they know what's going on, who does what in the relationhip, etc. fwiw I think if a woman is as well off or career driven as the women the OP is talking about, they are unlikely to "settle". So when it appears that someone is settling I try to figure out what else is going on there. I don't usually succeed but its generally a better idea to try imo.

My ma makes 0 euros a week and my da is left to make all the money, and he has two jobs. My ma must be a right sponger.

I know that's not really what you are talking about here, but I realised a while ago that it does no good trying to understand someone else's relationship, only they know what's going on, who does what in the relationhip, etc. fwiw I think if a woman is as well off or career driven as the women the OP is talking about, they are unlikely to "settle". So when it appears that someone is settling I try to figure out what else is going on there. I don't usually succeed but its generally a better idea to try imo.

Quite.

Like most things in life, its all about the context.

Quite.

Like most things in life, its all about the context.

But, generalisations and trending apply nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

eh that statistic of the number of single women scared me the most!! ahhh il have to look outsdide the country to find my OH!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

eh that statistic of the number of single women scared me the most!! ahhh il have to look outsdide the country to find my OH!!!!! :)

No, it was typical Indo stat rubbish. "140,000 single people - at least half of which are female" could mean there are 70,000 of each

Advertisement