Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Kebab in Cork

Options
  • 30-12-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Spicy Chicken Kebab in the Indian Moon on Georges Quay, it rocks the mad balls!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The Istanbul place on Oliver plunkett street at the grand parade end is savage! They even give the whole thing on proper plate and all. I prefered the pita bread they used to have but the new stuff is good too. I haven't seen the indian moon place though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

The Indian Moon is grand, as is the Instanbul but tbh all kebabs that I've tried in Cork and Ireland for that matter are shite and ridiculously overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

Cool_CM wrote: »
    The Indian Moon is grand, as is the Instanbul but tbh all kebabs that I've tried in Cork and Ireland for that matter are shite and ridiculously overpriced.

actually the indian moon have upped their prices recently and as a propper drunk irish man i complain to them every night i wander in there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i quite like the ones from abakebabra

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Zam Zams does a good job of it. Falaf Al's or Burrit-Als or whatever have gotten quite stingey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Agreed, when a kebab moves over here they think they can just open a kebab shop and sell any old sh1t, kebabs in Europe are much better and usually cost ariund €2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The ones in Istanbul are only 6 something so thats a pretty reasonable price and they giev u plenty of meat, but they r the exception
    towel401 wrote:
    i quite like the ones from abakebabra

The one on patrick street is grand but most other branchs are really bad. its very hit and miss with them

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

worst kebab i have ever had was in kebabish in ballincollig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I just tried Istambul and I wouldn't call it bad, but neither gooood...average, I'd say.
    Prices are the same that in my city in Italy (Florence)...too expensive :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I just tried Istambul and I wouldn't call it bad, but neither gooood...average, I'd say.

Get out. Now, just go. here's your coat.

Blasphemer, Burn him!!!!!

• Advertisement

Why? Only time it tastes good is after spilling out of the Brog at 2am.

Kold wrote: »

Taste's good all the time, tastes Great then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Now I like my Kebabs and I got one from that Instabul place on Olly plunky St and it was THE WORST kebab I have had EVER.
    Also my 2 mates agreed that theirs were terrible too.

Now maybe they have upped their game since opening, but i'm very reluctant to go back there

India Moon gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Kold wrote: »

Which I will be doing on this fine evening I think :P

Monday night... Enjoy I guess.

LOL...My gosh :D
    Anyway...burn HER.
    She tasted Kebabs in 3 different continents and she doesn't know how many cities...Istanbul is not bad, but not the best neither very good, IHHO. Sorry.
    I agree it tastes better after some pints at the An Brog :)

Italian girl in the forum eh? Looks like someone needs to arrange another Cork beers.

LOL...My gosh :D
    Anyway...burn HER.
    She tasted Kebabs in 3 different continents and she doesn't know how many cities...Istanbul is not bad, but not the best neither very good, IHHO. Sorry.
    I agree it tastes better after some pints at the An Brog :)

ok then, i have only had kebabs in Ireland, so, I will allow you you opinion for now!!!

Thank you both, in different ways....lol

Anyway...to go back IT...I know it sounds like sacrilege but...is there any kebab place in town that puts fries IN the doner kebab?
    My favourite place in my town does and I suppose I am a bit spoiled now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

i have only had kebabs in Ireland
    Therein lies the problem, can't wait to get back to kreuzberg and get me one of these:pac:
    57459806_a428dcf88e_o.jpg

• Advertisement

Therein lies the problem, can't wait to get back to kreuzberg and get me one of these:pac:
    57459806_a428dcf88e_o.jpg

Holy strange stirring in my pants batman, that looks really nice!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

So the Istanbul that was on Grand Parade is now on Oliver P St.? Or ws one always there? I only ever went to the one on GParade but thats closed ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I was in Florence last month, and found it much better value than Cork - bigger portions and generally lower prices. Great city by the way, I was hugely impressed! (My new favourite city).

The Istanbul is not nice at all. I have not yet been to Indian Moon, but have never had a good kebab in Cork. I used to live in Dublin for awhile where there were plenty of good kebabs in the city centre and on Clanbrassil St., for instance, but Cork is not good for ethnic food (excluding the big three: Chinese/Indian/Thai).

Mike.230 wrote: »
    So the Istanbul that was on Grand Parade is now on Oliver P St.? Or ws one always there? I only ever went to the one on GParade but thats closed ages.

I believe it is the same one, just moved (used to be next to the Capitol), now it is near the €2 shop on OP St.

Illkillya wrote: »
    I was in Florence last month, and found it much better value than Cork - bigger portions and generally lower prices. Great city by the way, I was hugely impressed! (My new favourite city).

Thank you :)
    It's not bad :D

Excluding Cork, of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rebelsredzer

best kebabs have to be in Istanbul on Oliver Plunkett Street, they even use naan bread and put loads of meat on, well worth the money! It is the same place that was on grand parade, moved now next to the 2 Euro shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

best kebabs have to be in Istanbul on Oliver Plunkett Street, they even use naan bread and put loads of meat on, well worth the money! It is the same place that was on grand parade, moved now next to the 2 Euro shop!
    Hope business is going well down there for ya boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mmmmmmmmmmm processed meat yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Wouldn't touch a kebab in Cork or anywhere else. Not after some of the things I saw down through the years!

Advertisement