Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Kebab in Cork

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

On a night out but wasn't going overboard on the drink, friend convinced us to go to Tasty Kebab on Washington Street. One friend was sick about 2 mins after eating chips....staff do not speak proper English and got our order all wrong and only that we drew their attention to the fact that a drink was supposed to be included in our meal we wouldn't have got one. The Kebabs were absolutely disgusting and the chips were raw, disgraceful stuff. Only that we were home by the time we ate I would have gone back in and demanded a refund. Have heard a few rumours about what goes on in this place and after tonight I would have no problem believing them. If even one person reads this and doesn't go there i would be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 thecatburger

doz wrote: »
    On a night out but wasn't going overboard on the drink, friend convinced us to go to Tasty Kebab on Washington Street. One friend was sick about 2 mins after eating chips....staff do not speak proper English and got our order all wrong and only that we drew their attention to the fact that a drink was supposed to be included in our meal we wouldn't have got one. The Kebabs were absolutely disgusting and the chips were raw, disgraceful stuff. Only that we were home by the time we ate I would have gone back in and demanded a refund. Have heard a few rumours about what goes on in this place and after tonight I would have no problem believing them. If even one person reads this and doesn't go there i would be delighted.

used this crowd on justeat twice. First time I got it I actually liked it but didn't get kebab. The second time was a total disaster and haven't been back since. After reading this I never will be either. Passed it in town a few times always thought the guy working there looked a bit dodgy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

If you want to eat a kebab in cork, and would like to know that reasonable hygiene standards are in place, then sadly your only option is abrekedabra

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Speedo Kebab has been the latest place I've started going to. Very tasty and it seems clean and all the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,951 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

corkonion wrote: »
    If you want to eat a kebab in cork, and would like to know that reasonable hygiene standards are in place, then sadly your only option is abrekedabra

Abrakebabra in Cork does not have a good reputation for hygiene standards - at least they certainly didn't some years ago - maybe they've cleaned up their act in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Speedo Kebab has been the latest place I've started going to. Very tasty and it seems clean and all the rest!

I went there when it first opened and thought that it was terrible. I genuinely couldn't even finish it.

There's a new Polish kebab place after opening on Coburg Street. Huge Kebabs with meat from the spit in proper bread. Even bigger if you eat in.

Also had a great Tunisian one at that little Christmas market outside the library on the Grand Parade. Asked the guys if they had a shop and they said that they were looking for a place to open one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Spice route on mccurtain st is easily the best...fresh dough kebab cooked in a tandor oven. Try the taco kebab made from minced lamb...heaven...and make it spicy brings out the flavours and the sweats :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Always enjoyed aDonner from Zam zams.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Does anywhere in cork do a gyros? Had them in Greece during the summer absolutely savage! Pitta filled with pork or chicken and chips and salad and some tatziki on top. Amazing stuff!

Advertisement