Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechargeable batteries and chargers?

• 30-12-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations on good rechargeable batteries and chargers. Never used them before so I don't know much about them. But looking for cheaper but not the cheap stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

What size batteries are you looking for? I've heard Aldi do good quality, cheap rechargeable AAs and chargers, haven't got any yet myself. Argos also has a good selection for comparison. Depends on what they're going to be used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

sorry thought I had mentioned it! Looking for AA and general usage, remotes, toys etc.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Woodies have 20% off their batteries, including rechargables and chargers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What size batteries are you looking for? I've heard Aldi do good quality, cheap rechargeable AAs and chargers, haven't got any yet myself. Argos also has a good selection for comparison. Depends on what they're going to be used for.

Have a set of the AAA 850mAh , fine for remotes etc and a set of the AA 2300mAh ones from Aldi, use the AAs for my cordless mouse and no probs whatsoever. Would recommend them and they are only €4.99 for four AA or four AAA.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

[Link] 2300mAh Ni-MH AA Batteries (4-Pack) €2.60 delivered

[Link] TrustFire TR 18650 2500mAh 3.7V Batteries (2-Pack) €6.40 delivered

Charger Soshine Hi-Tech LCD NiMH / NiCD Super Quick Charger €9.70 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

davton wrote: »
    [Link] 2300mAh Ni-MH AA Batteries (4-Pack) €2.60 delivered

[Link] TrustFire TR 18650 2500mAh 3.7V Batteries (2-Pack) €6.40 delivered

Charger Soshine Hi-Tech LCD NiMH / NiCD Super Quick Charger €9.70 delivered

Already checked dealextreme but wasn't sure if they were safe! don't want them to blow up :o Have you used them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've been using rechargeables for years, uniross, aldi, lidl etc and the Soshine brand from DX is by far the best battery, I'm slowly phasing out my non-soshine as they no longer take a charge, I use them in remotes and digital camera, get a usb charger while you're at it, from DX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Have a look in the argos catolouge - we got one there a few years ago and it is still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Already checked dealextreme but wasn't sure if they were safe! don't want them to blow up :o Have you used them?

They don't blow up, but the ones from dealextreme are extremely bad...

They say stuff like 2500mAh, but they are nowhere near that and waste extremely quickly.

Avoid DealExtreme's batteries... they look cheap and work nasty. I threw all mine out.

EDIT: The BTY ones were the ones I've tried... nasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

been using the aldi ones on a gp2x which is reputed to be hard on batterys, been to the u.s. and back still on full charge,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Maplin have this on special for 11.99EUR at the moment...
    Compact Battery Charger Supplied with 4 x 2000mAhAA NiMH batteries
    LEDs indicate charging status
    Charges NiCd, NiMh & hybrid AA or AAA rechargeable batteriesRecharges 2 or 4 batteries

Here's the link to the uk site (at the risk of turning this thread into yet another euro Vs pound debate!)

Advertisement