Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Naval Service unofficial crests

Options
  • 30-12-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have started on a series of model Irish Naval Service vessels in 1/72, its a long term project.

I have made a start on M2 MTB, purchased Flower class for LE Maeve and maybe have a lead on LE Roisin in 1/72.

However the Ton and Peacocks may have to be done in 1/48 or 1/96 for accessory, hull and plans availability - I do not think I would be able to scratch build.

The Irish NS vessels since built or purchased since Dierdre (starting with Orla I believe) often sport an unofficial crest on the funnel

I have all the official crests on file, but not all the unofficial ones.

I have some of the unofficial ones,
    Taz, Yosemite Sam, the new Panther on Eithne, and the Lion King.

I hope its not too much to ask users of this forum to post any photos they might have of them, with particular interest in:
    Pink Panther
    Wooly Mammoth (Origin of the species)
    Last Mohecan and Pepe the Skunk from Rattle and Hum.

Any shots of any of the unofficial crests would be greatly apprieciated.
    Even shots of the ones I currently have would be a help.

Also - and this is a long shot - any colour photos of the Irish Flower/Ton class and ANY shots of the Irish MTB's would be of great help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AislingNE

I have started on a series of model Irish Naval Service vessels in 1/72, its a long term project.

I have made a start on M2 MTB, purchased Flower class for LE Maeve and maybe have a lead on LE Roisin in 1/72.

However the Ton and Peacocks may have to be done in 1/48 or 1/96 for accessory, hull and plans availability - I do not think I would be able to scratch build.

The Irish NS vessels since built or purchased since Dierdre (starting with Orla I believe) often sport an unofficial crest on the funnel

I have all the official crests on file, but not all the unofficial ones.

I have some of the unofficial ones,
    Taz, Yosemite Sam, the new Panther on Eithne, and the Lion King.

I hope its not too much to ask users of this forum to post any photos they might have of them, with particular interest in:
    Pink Panther
    Wooly Mammoth (Origin of the species)
    Last Mohecan and Pepe the Skunk from Rattle and Hum.

Any shots of any of the unofficial crests would be greatly apprieciated.
    Even shots of the ones I currently have would be a help.

Also - and this is a long shot - any colour photos of the Irish Flower/Ton class and ANY shots of the Irish MTB's would be of great help

Hey Irishsurfer, we are in the middle of a business venture involving the purchase of LE Aisling and transforming her into a new interactive multipurpose business and I would appreciate it if you could send me on if you have them, the last of the mohicans crest and official crest of Aisling, thanks you can find our Facebook page "Aisling Naval Experience"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

An eight year old thread zombie arises and walks again!

It's not modelling but since there is a connection to the ship and modellers are generally interested I will leave this stand but lock it. If you readers have an interest you can follow it up for yourself.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement