Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses that have closed and opened in Carlow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The closure of Bethany House also seems to be causing some uproar around the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The Texas store up in Stawhall has closed recently also. Never been to it myself but a few people I know swore by it for household stuff.

That closed more than 6 months ago. TBH, apart from some of the household stuff, there was an horrific amount of tat in there.

That closed more than 6 months ago.

So its true, eating too many poptarts does distort your sense of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Was it ever mentioned on this before about tk maxx opening in Carlow near currys?? Is that still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Was it ever mentioned on this before about tk maxx opening in Carlow near currys?? Is that still happening?

please say no, I would end up divorced and broke :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

to my knowledge yes. they are still opening. the planning permission is at the board decision time. the grace period is over. cant see any reason for it to be denied. all they want to do is knock the 3 walls on the units down to increase the size. its internal demolition. the building can take the stress.

poor queenie....at least you'll be able to make a house and man out of all the clothes you'll be buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

queen-mise wrote: »
    its not closed ten year, more like 4-5. And i really miss it

it used to have a great second hand books section...you dont get that in Byrnes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

aynon wrote: »
    to my knowledge yes. they are still opening. the planning permission is at the board decision time. the grace period is over. cant see any reason for it to be denied. all they want to do is knock the 3 walls on the units down to increase the size. its internal demolition. the building can take the stress.

poor queenie....at least you'll be able to make a house and man out of all the clothes you'll be buying!

yeah exactly, never heard such shíte with them deliberating.
    council should be glad to get more business in, instead they're wondering about it..

typical crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

HugoIrl wrote: »

Could be delayed after the planning decision in Waterford recently. Four Lakes has retail park zoning for sale of bulky goods & hardware. Excludes Toys, Clothing & Food. - So with waterford decision, it is unlikely that TK maxx will be able to locate in four lakes.

That wold leave them looking at Graiguecullen beside Dunnes or a site in the town centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So its true, eating too many poptarts does distort your sense of time!

I must try that some time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

darc wrote: »
    Could be delayed after the planning decision in Waterford recently. Four Lakes has retail park zoning for sale of bulky goods & hardware. Excludes Toys, Clothing & Food. - So with waterford decision, it is unlikely that TK maxx will be able to locate in four lakes.

That wold leave them looking at Graiguecullen beside Dunnes or a site in the town centre.

I'd love to see themn open in the centre of town. Would give the centre a much needed boast. That Crottys site could be ideal. Of course it would cost much more to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

When did Lennon's become a bookies?
    Is Bosco's reopened on Tullow St long? I only noticed it the other day.
    And is the Coffee shop (Bon Appetit i think its called) open long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

ShayK1 wrote: »
    When did Lennon's become a bookies?
    in the last few months, although it was a building site for 18months+
    Is Bosco's reopened on Tullow St long? I only noticed it the other day.

I thought they only closed for a refit a few years ago.
    And is the Coffee shop (Bon Appetit i think its called) open long?

That's been there at least 10 years :)

kevin

i didnt think Bosco's ever closed on Tullow St tbh

hhhmmm see how observant i am?

when did the tattoo place on potato market open?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Nead21 wrote: »
    i think they are there over a year now

Nead21 wrote: »

Patrick/Dan please remove this post if you deem it necessary.

That tattoo place is the one that had the extra business upstairs and was raided with about 3/4 others in Carlow, and one in Newbridge also.

I actually have no idea if the two tattoo place or the business upstairs had anything to do with each or if renting separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

That tattoo place is the one that had the extra business upstairs and was raided with about 3/4 others in Carlow, and one in Newbridge also.

I actually have no idea if the two tattoo place or the business upstairs had anything to do with each or if renting separately.

any link to this queen? or is it just hearsay?

i had no idea about any of this, just thought i was a new place open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Was down in the superquinn shopping centre today, and i noticed the shop to right of entrance to the toliets Ace Electronics is closed down. No idea how long they have been there, but anytime i passed by last few weeks there was nobody in the place. So no big surprise.
    I'd say many more in that shopping centre will close soon as there is never anyone in the place anymore.

On a postive note, I really like the Temple, was in there for the first time tonight, it is much nicer than the Foundry. For a Monday night there was a nice crowd there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

must of been good. seems that you only crawled in at 03:30/04:00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I have been led to believe that there are a few of these *ahem* extra places around the town...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

On a postive note, I really like the Temple, was in there for the first time tonight, it is much nicer than the Foundry. For a Monday night there was a nice crowd there.

You love all of the students you mean Queenie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

there is a new shop going to be setting up in carlow shopping centre in the space where golden discs used to be i am lead to believe and it wont be a million miles different to the previous franchise set up there.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

patrickc wrote: »
    any link to this queen? or is it just hearsay?
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Brothel residents move out after Nationalist report
    By: Brendan Lawrence

RESIDENTS of the alleged brothel in the Potato Market in Carlow are reported to have moved out of the building in the past few days, according to Carlow gardaí.

An article in The Nationalist last week highlighted the fact that prostitution was taking place above a wellknown business in the Potato Market and that the individuals were attracting customers through a website called carlowbabes.com.

This week, the site listed no ‘Carlow babes’ available until Tuesday, when a Spanish woman named ‘Carol’ appeared, offering her services for ?250 per hour.

http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=mhojojauid

A spanish woman named Carol, 250 per hour, babes in carlow, so many things wrong with this story!

Regarding Ace Electronics, what the hell was that store? I looked inside one day and it was one of the least stocked shops I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

A spanish woman named Carol, 250 per hour, babes in carlow, so many things wrong with this story!

Regarding Ace Electronics, what the hell was that store? I looked inside one day and it was one of the least stocked shops I have ever seen.

It very possible that 'Carol' is an alias. It's the bolded bit which makes the story less credible.:D

• Advertisement

Has anybody any info on the Theatre that's supposed to open in Spring this year?
    I just saw the sign when I walked passed the court house this evening. I think its part of St Pats college but I don't know.

Advertisement