Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming land

Options
  • 30-12-2008 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Can you claim land or property if there are no deeds etc.. to prove anyone owns it and it appears that nobody owns it, it is not registered anywhere and it has been derelict for years.If so how do you go about doing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You need to read up on adverse possesion takes years before you can claim legal title but I believe this is how it's done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Redshift wrote: »
    You need to read up on adverse possesion takes years before you can claim legal title but I believe this is how it's done.

Adverse possession only applies if you have had sole and exclusive use of the property for a set period of time (I believe its a period exceeding 12 years). Prior to that- the property is vested in the Minister for Finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It really isn't registered anywhere? How thoroughly have you checked? Is this urban or rural?

Advertisement