Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card and booking flights

Options
  • 30-12-2008 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im in the process of booking flights with ryanair which will cost about 450 euro, now the problem is that my credit card has a limit of 350 euro on it, i wish to book these as soon as possible as im planning on going away in Jan.

Is it possible for me to put money into my credit card account and complete this transaction for 450 euro,i.e putting 100euro onto it thus 450 euro below my limit or what are my options, if any. I dont want to book it in 2 transactions as the flights are for about 8 people and if i do the prices might change by the time i do.

sorry if this is the wrong forumn...

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

May well be better suited to the Consumer Issues forum, but none the less, yes, you can put your credit card account into credit for any amount and use such credit against your total limit.

Just make sure the credit payment has gone through and is attributed to the account (it may take a few days depending on method of payment). Adding a €100 credit to a €350 limit account will give you €450 to spend, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

cast_iron wrote: »
    May well be better suited to the Consumer Issues forum, but none the less, yes, you can put your credit card account into credit for any amount and use such credit against your total limit.

Just make sure the credit payment has gone through and is attributed to the account (it may take a few days depending on method of payment). Adding a €100 credit to a €350 limit account will give you €450 to spend, so to speak.

Thanks,

Yea if it can be moved mod that would be great....

So if i put 100 cash in it would this take a few days....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

acer911 wrote: »
    Yea if it can be moved mod that would be great...

It'd have been nice had you read the big sticky entitled "Please Note: This is NOT a personal finance forum" :(. Moved...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

ryanair dont charge a booking fee with a visa electron card........every other card type is charged 5-10 euro per head.........8 people will cost you at least 50 id say.............my friendly advice would be for you to see if you could get a family member with an electron card to make the purchase and split the difference between you.........if the tickets cost 450 then you could consider it a 10%+ discount by just using the electron card.........ryanair may have changed this policy recently(you know what hes like)...in light of this coming up on the bbc watchdog.....good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

acer911 wrote: »
    So if i put 100 cash in it would this take a few days....
    Possibly. If you do it via electronic banking, and your credit card is with the same bank as your current account, it may speed it up considerably. A quick call to you credit card company will give a better idea how quickly the payment will be accepted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement