Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An unusualy thread

Options
  • 30-12-2008 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

The title is meant to be ironic... i hope its conveyed when you read this

So, i'm a student, reaching the end of his time in college, and I'm looking for the ultimate escape from responsibility.... traveling. Now don't get me wrong, i do love to travel and embrace slash learn about other cultures from my own, i amn't just some kid trying to aviod everything that's coming

The questions which i pose to you, the more experienced and knowledgable (i hope) than me is how to go about this..

Here's my situation, 21 year old, finishing college wants to travel but wants to be in Aus for at least 7 -8 months... I should be going over between september and november... What kind of visa should i be enquiring into if i intend to work? Would i need another visa if i wanted to move further into asia or would i be ok if i was just traveling like in thailand (you can have 30 days with no visa).

I intend to work when i get over there, but probably not straight away, is there a city that is good for well/decent paying work? Sydney. melbourne.... etc? Where do most travelers go first?

And finally, what airline is the most reliable? I mean this is a big deal on such a long journey...

Thanks for all, if any, help thats provided..

Sincerely
    Neal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

What kind of visa should i be enquiring into if i intend to work? Would i need another visa if i wanted to move further into asia or would i be ok if i was just traveling like in thailand (you can have 30 days with no visa).
    Read the sticky at the forum all your visa questions will be answered, but not surprisingly you'll need a working holiday visa to work
    If you are going to asia you'll need different visas for different country's.

All the other questions are answered too, so read up on them (do a search)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The title is meant to be ironic... i hope its conveyed when you read this

So, i'm a student, reaching the end of his time in college, and I'm looking for the ultimate escape from responsibility.... traveling. Now don't get me wrong, i do love to travel and embrace slash learn about other cultures from my own, i amn't just some kid trying to aviod everything that's coming

The questions which i pose to you, the more experienced and knowledgable (i hope) than me is how to go about this..

Here's my situation, 21 year old, finishing college wants to travel but wants to be in Aus for at least 7 -8 months... I should be going over between september and november... What kind of visa should i be enquiring into if i intend to work? Would i need another visa if i wanted to move further into asia or would i be ok if i was just traveling like in thailand (you can have 30 days with no visa).

I intend to work when i get over there, but probably not straight away, is there a city that is good for well/decent paying work? Sydney. melbourne.... etc? Where do most travelers go first?

And finally, what airline is the most reliable? I mean this is a big deal on such a long journey...

Thanks for all, if any, help thats provided..

Sincerely
    Neal

Sure come on over we leave good responsiblity free jobs lying around the place :rolleyes:

Come on mate , tell us what you intend to do sounds to me like you have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Advertisement