Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7

Comments

TechNet Windows 7 Beta Customer Preview Program :

Windows 7 Beta Customer Preview

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I hope it's working faster than the MSDN download site, I'm only getting 12Kb/s from that :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've signed up and got the verification email, but it won't work after that, pain in the ass... Anyone else getting same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Zascar wrote: »
    I've signed up and got the verification email, but it won't work after that, pain in the ass... Anyone else getting same?

Server is too busy

Thats all I get:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

We are unable to locate your profile information.
    A problem occurred while trying to locate your profile on Microsoft.com. If you have not yet registered with Microsoft.com, you may do so at the Profile Center.

If you are still unable to receive the Verification E-mail after three attempts, Contact Us

Grrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

*sigh*

I think I'll just grab the leaked torrent version...

Yeah I'm thinking along the same lines....

I have the Build 7000 installed from the other day. Works fine but there is that mp3 problem - i have not actualyl plakyed any mp3's so not sure if tis affecting me. There is a fix apparently anyway. Not sure if its worth the hassle of getting the official beta with all this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

69915.png

Microsoft fail :(

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah I'm thinking along the same lines....

I have the Build 7000 installed from the other day. Works fine but there is that mp3 problem

The link I posted earlier has 2 fixes listed (one is a MS patch but prob isn't available to public yet).

lol main windows 7 site is showing "Service Unavailable" now lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Server is dead, blah, blah :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes same here "Server too Busy"

Will keep trying

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This is a perfect example of why bittorrent as a file distibution protocol works.

Indeed though I imagine that the site si down due to people trying to sign up for the beta. I doubt (hope!) that you don't actually download it from the same webserver :)

Either way the leaked version is coming down at 1Mb/sec while the Windows site is unreachable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

If you had the unoffical release with the mp3 you can just download this patch to bring it up to date.

Getting a licence key is a different issue however.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

well done guys. you officially crashed microsoft :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you had a Vista beta key it may very well work with Windows 7 beta. It did for the build of 7 released at PDC a while back.

Stephen wrote: »
    If you had a Vista beta key it may very well work with Windows 7 beta. It did for the build of 7 released at PDC a while back.

Several threads on several sites indicate that this is in fact the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I likes it... Its bloomin fast. Much faster than Vista is on my machine... Picked up all my hardware straight away. IE8 is v quick to, finding it much faster than firefox

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone having any software compatability problems? Daemon Tools is'nt working for me but I am still on b.6596. Anyone tried it in 7000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

x86 version
    hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso

x64 version
    hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

replace the hxxp with http

Got these from http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1116187

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dampsquid wrote: »
    x86 version
    hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso

x64 version
    hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

replace the hxxp with http

Got these from http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1116187

wont they be kind of usless without a beta license key ? or is there an evaluation period on them?

edit : 30 day evaluation without key

Not working for me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Villain wrote: »
    Not working for me??

you replaced the xx with tt in the link right?? working for me getting 500kbs down

calex71 wrote: »
    you replaced the xx with tt in the link right?? working for me getting 500kbs down

Working here too, though 400k down. I'm on 10 meg UPC.

Thanks for the direct link. I'm getting 350-400k too.

However, has anyone managed to get a key yet? If you figure out how please let us know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anyone know where I can get the Ati windows 7 driver, can't get it on their site?
    Sorry, you have insufficient access.

403 Access Denied.

umm tried it on 2 machines the download looks like it completes straight away but just leaves a blank file? umm well I might just get the torrent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

They've postponed the release because their website was taken down with all hte people refreshing

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/09/update-on-windows-7-beta-availability.aspx

• Advertisement

Never mind works in firefox lol

Advertisement