Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Villain wrote: »
    umm tried it on 2 machines the download looks like it completes straight away but just leaves a blank file? umm well I might just get the torrent

crapped out on me twice around 160mb and wont resume frm where it left off even with a dl manager :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

They've postponed the release because their website was taken down with all hte people refreshing

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/09/update-on-windows-7-beta-availability.aspx

LOL thats showing server busy now, what did it say?

Still going for me, now at 778k down. Maybe I robbed your bandwidth! ;)

The link above says:
    Due to very heavy traffic we’re seeing as a result of interest in the Windows 7 Beta, we are adding some additional infrastructure support to the Microsoft.com properties before we post the public beta. We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience when downloading the beta, and I’ll be posting here again soon once the beta goes live. Stay tuned! We are excited that you are excited!

Cheers it also says:
    It's great seeing everyone so excited! I will be posting an update to the blog once everything is officially live for everyone.

I hope the OS is more reliable than this beta release saga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ditto here. Crapped out around 200MB.

Just finished downloading the x64 version. Shall try it a little later on. :)

got 800mb now at 700k/s eircom
    going well, it did stall for a minute, but resumed itself, using bitcomet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I hope the OS is more reliable than this beta release saga

Comments like this are surprising to me in that it's a beta release by Microsoft of their most anticipated product in the biggest product line they have. How did anyone expect their servers to run? And why are forums all over the world screaming and moaning about bugs? It's a beta...

I say this as someone who isn't a microsoft fan. I type this on Mac OSX Leopard... but it's still odd to see such complaints.

• Advertisement

Ah here if Microsoft can't put Infrastructure in place to keep a site accessible during this launch they shouldn't had advertised this first 2.5 millions larky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Comments like this are surprising to me in that it's a beta release by Microsoft of their most anticipated product in the biggest product line they have. How did anyone expect their servers to run?
    Well MS knew this too and should have beefed up their servers for it. I think it is an exercise in generating hype.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

32 bit, 64 bit and patch download links can be found in the following page - links. No keys yet though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Has anyone got a key so far?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm downloading it with a download manager and it crapped out at 181MBs. Resumed itself a few minutes afterwards. I haven't gotten a key either.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

<snip> crackz </snip>
    Sorted.

Just got my key :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Just got my key :D

How?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    How?
    64Bit

https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-64/enus/default.aspx

32Bit

https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-32/enus/default.aspx

You have to login at TechNet first though I think, I was already logged in and got a 64Bit key I registered earlier for today.

64Bit

https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-64/enus/default.aspx

32Bit

https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-32/enus/default.aspx

You have to login at TechNet first though I think, I was already logged in and got a 64Bit key I registered earlier for today.
    down now?

• Advertisement

down now?
    keep trying

keep trying
    it says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found"

Were you getting that and kept trying until you got the correct page?

it says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found"

Were you getting that and kept trying until you got the correct page?
    No I got the key first time, I had earlier registered through TechNet for it and was signed into my Live account before I clicked the link.

w7key64ev0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

damn, i seem to have missed the boat on this. downloading currently from one of the links posted above, ta very much to all for posting. but no sign of a key anywhere.

anyone willing to wake me up whenever they are available again? :D

Just got a key using Greasemonkey, follow the instructions on http://aow.xosfere.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=240

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

damn, i seem to have missed the boat on this. downloading currently from one of the links posted above, ta very much to all for posting. but no sign of a key anywhere.

anyone willing to wake me up whenever they are available again? :D

You don't need a key to install as it has a 30-day trial option. But Villain's link works fine if needed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

No I got the key first time, I had earlier registered through TechNet for it and was signed into my Live account before I clicked the link.

Can you post where to find the TechNet sign up as can't find it in my TechNet page?

Can you post where to find the TechNet sign up as can't find it in my TechNet page?
    you can just login with you@hotmail a/c if you have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Have both a technet and hotmail/live logins but no where can I find a place to register for the key.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

From the Windows team blog:
    Posted by:
    Brandon LeBlanc
    * 06:53 PM Friday
    Jan 09, 2009

1,222 Comments

Due to very heavy traffic we’re seeing as a result of interest in the Windows 7 Beta, we are adding some additional infrastructure support to the Microsoft.com properties before we post the public beta. We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience when downloading the beta, and I’ll be posting here again soon once the beta goes live. Stay tuned! We are excited that you are excited!

Translation: Oops, perhaps announcing a 2.5 million user limit wasn't such a good idea, since it made everyone try to download all at once.

Advertisement