Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Well the beta is still available to download from the site it's just the key that's missing though you don't actually need it to on install and once you get the key you have a month or so to enter it.

32 Bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Using at we speak now and I like it. I will admit I was happy with Vista as it was reliable and worked "out fo box" for me but there was nothing about it that said WOW this OS stands out. This on the other hand has all the nice GUI features of Vista and feels so much quicker,smoother and well I havent had the chance to test reliability yet.

Anyone game'd on it yet, what is the performance like Steam, WoW etc? Now I need to find a nice Wallpaper to beat all of yours :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have Left4Dead running smooth as butter on it, but then it ran great on Vista too. (64 bit here with nvidia 8800GT, using Vista drivers)

3183961469_53486ef5c8.jpg

I must say I like the new taskbar behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Villain wrote: »
    Just got a key using Greasemonkey, follow the instructions on http://aow.xosfere.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=240

That worked for me after trying the Check4Change plugin all night! Thanks :D

GothPunk wrote: »

Worked for me too so I thought I'd generate a few new keys for members here who are still without but it always gives me the same one.

Yours doesn't look like CV8XQ-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-MP2JY does it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

can't get it working meself for some reason. are the links he still points to still there? because i keep being redirected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ Same. It keeps just redirecting me to the windows 7 website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Got a key :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sherifu wrote: »
    Got a key :)
    From the site and the greasemonkey hack?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    From the site and the greasemonkey hack?
    Yep. Only took about 30 minutes i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Ponster wrote: »
    Worked for me too so I thought I'd generate a few new keys for members here who are still without but it always gives me the same one.

Yours doesn't look like CV8XQ-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-MP2JY does it ?

No I have a different key than you (i.e. Starts with 6HKV6), but nomatter how many times I refresh I always get the same key now. I think the website either recognises your IP address or your Passport sign in.
    can't get it working meself for some reason. are the links he still points to still there? because i keep being redirected.
    When you right-click on the little monkey icon, do you see an entry called 'windows 7' and a check mark beside it?

The GreaseMonkey hack might need to be edited a little bit. Mine wasn't working at first but then I noticed in the script that all the entries were in lower case (i.e. I had saved it as 'Windows 7' instead of 'windows 7', which is what the script refers to.)

Once you see the little 'windows 7' entry with a check mark, open up about 5-6 tabs and just leave it alone for 30 mins. Soon you'll see a 'ZOMG a key' pop-up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Just letting you all know. There is a crack out <snip>
    please read the charter </snip>
    I activated mine genuinely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I was about to try the greasmonkey method (in villians post) but I clicked on the link in step 3 and got a key instantly.. :pac:

Refreshed and it showed me a different key. Site seems to be working for now.

No I have a different key than you (i.e. Starts with 6HKV6), but nomatter how many times I refresh I always get the same key now. I think the website either recognises your IP address or your Passport sign in.

When you right-click on the little monkey icon, do you see an entry called 'windows 7' and a check mark beside it?

The GreaseMonkey hack might need to be edited a little bit. Mine wasn't working at first but then I noticed in the script that all the entries were in lower case (i.e. I had saved it as 'Windows 7' instead of 'windows 7', which is what the script refers to.)

Once you see the little 'windows 7' entry with a check mark, open up about 5-6 tabs and just leave it alone for 30 mins. Soon you'll see a 'ZOMG a key' pop-up :D

lower case eh? mine's refreshing away now but all i've done is a copy pasta of what's on his page. but after about 3 minutes i'm redirected to the live search and it stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I got my key

1) Signed in at this site: http://technet.microsoft.com
    2) https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-32/enus/default.aspx (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK DO NOT CLICK!)

64-bit key : https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/scripts/gcs.aspx?Product=tn-win7-64-ww&LCID=1033 (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK DO NOT CLICK!)

Canaboid wrote: »
    I got my key

1) Signed in at this site: http://technet.microsoft.com
    2) https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-32/enus/default.aspx (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK DO NOT CLICK!)

64-bit key : https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/scripts/gcs.aspx?Product=tn-win7-64-ww&LCID=1033 (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK DO NOT CLICK!)

heh, that worked. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Looks to be working without any greasemonkey now, everyone able to get one now ok?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Excellent, thanks guys.
    <snip>

I got a different key on another pc just checking to see if it is up, first person to PM me can have it, oh its 32bit btw

Gone to RuggieBear first by a second

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks guys.

Will the crack that is floating around the web mean it will continue working after August?
    Nope the key only allows it to run until August without the key or crack its only 30 days but by August a new Beta will probably be out or the official release.

Key is gone now but if you login to Technet then copy and paste the link you should get a key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Anyone got a spare 32-bit key, missed out on this :( and don't have a technet account

Zascar wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks guys.

Will the crack that is floating around the web mean it will continue working after August?

Your question is probably pushing the limits of the forum's charter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Also in need of a key (32bit) . Tried everything with no joy :mad: Either Technet hates me greasemonkey does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

if anyone has a spare 32 bit key it would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I needin one also, a 64bit, doesn't seem to be workin for me either no matter what i try

Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Thanks Mr.S, your a legend! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Mr.S wrote: »
    32 bit or 64?

Saying would probably help.... 32bit if you can:)

Edit: Wooo, Mr. S sorted me out, thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any more spare 32bit keys?

I would be much obliged.

Advertisement