Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Need a key myself, anyone help ??

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I needin one also, a 64bit, doesn't seem to be workin for me either no matter what i try

Tks

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

smithy1981 wrote: »
    PM sent

I sent PogMoThoin a 64 but key as well so maybe he might pass one on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I could do with a 64 bit one please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Any spare 64bit keys?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

bandit197 wrote: »
    Any spare 64bit keys?

Read thread. They should be available to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

bandit197 wrote: »
    Any spare 64bit keys?

Aye I'd like one too if there's any floating around.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ponster wrote: »
    Read thread. They should be available to everyone.

Im trying to get one at the min but no joy yet

Edit: got one

see here http://www.davtaylor.org/blog/?p=33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The key page is still loading fine for me. Are poeple having problems with it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have you not tried the links on the previous page? All you need is a Windows live mail/hotmail account... click the link, click sign in, then X out, and click the link again and see what happens..
    Of course.. If it did work, i wouldnt be asking for one..

I just get redirected to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I left Greasemonkey running with 8 tabs open, from those 8 tabs, i have 7 keys. (only 2 the same)

Anyone need one, PM me. 64bit key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This method worked perfectly for me without any refreshing or screwing about with greasemonkey:

http://blog.hznet.nl/2009/01/10/how-to-receive-a-valid-windows-7-key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The page is working fine, I can just reload the page as normal and get all the keys I want. No need for greasemonkey etc.

Just be sure to copy and paste the link into the address bar, dont click it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have gotten my beta key just fine but I still can't download the bloody iso. It's stuck at 352MB. Is there any other way of getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have gotten my beta key just fine but I still can't download the bloody iso. It's stuck at 352MB. Is there any other way of getting it.

<snip>

What link did you use? (Had a similar problem)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sherifu wrote: »
    What link did you use? (Had a similar problem)
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

The two above. The first one has crapped out and won't restart. The second one is still downloading but is only at 81MBs. The second one is useless to me for now as the processor in my netbook is only 32 bit. :(

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

The two above. The first one has crapped out and won't restart. The second one is still downloading but is only at 81MBs. The second one is useless to me for now as the processor in my netbook is only 32 bit. :(
    Change the the end of the first link to ISO and you should be set. (Worked for me anyway)

You're kidding me. That's the problem. If only I had known that last night. Started downloading with the ISO at the end instead of iso. Hopefully it works. How come I can't thank you?

You're kidding me. That's the problem. If only I had known that last night. Started downloading with the ISO at the end instead of iso. Hopefully it works. How come I can't thank you?
    Ya, mine was stuck at ~400megs. Changed the iso to ISO and started her up and she continued from there. :)

CuLT deemed it so. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Change the the end of the first link to ISO and you should be set. (Worked for me anyway)

sound. struggling to get the 64bit drivers needed for my vostro because Dell are ****s.

sound. struggling to get the 64bit drivers needed for my vostro because Dell are ****s.

All Vista drivers should be good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

All Vista drivers should be good enough.

oh i know. thing is i can't see 64bit drivers for certain devices like my bluetooth adaptor on the Dell site. Dell only sell Vista32 with the vostro so don't make it easy to get the 64bit versions. I'm sure there's some out there but i'm lazy and have work that needs to get done. I'll try again later.

oh i know. thing is i can't see 64bit drivers for certain devices like my bluetooth adaptor on the Dell site. Dell only sell Vista32 with the vostro so don't make it easy to get the 64bit versions. I'm sure there's some out there but i'm lazy and have work that needs to get done. I'll try again later.
    Have a look on notebookreview.com for them i'd say.

Ya, mine was stuck at ~400megs. Changed the iso to ISO and started her up and she continued from there. :)

CuLT deemed it so. :)
    Guess the words will have to do so then. Thanks, man. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I think the drivers on Dells page are packed in an installer which won't run on any other OS than intended.

So even if the consensus is that Vista 64 drivers will work fine (on W7 64), Dells page wouldn't be the best place to look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Worked for me too so I thought I'd generate a few new keys for members here who are still without but it always gives me the same one.

Yours doesn't look like CV8XQ-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-MP2JY does it ?
    all those "fixes" do is refresh the page till it gets a serial

if it had been a true crack then anyone linking it would have have been been given a red card :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭tech

does anyone know will the Vista Drivers for a Dell Latitude D620 work for Windows 7?

Thanks

tech wrote: »
    does anyone know will the Vista Drivers for a Dell Latitude D620 work for Windows 7?

Thanks

If you have Vista drivers then you're OK.

I though have a nforce3 motherboard and it isn't that easy to get it working :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Good news lads and ladies, its back up on the MS site. :D

Advertisement