Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight routes?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Is there any one to find out flight paths taken by planes in/over this country?It seems I live under a busy enough flight path and would like to know what countries the planes are coming from etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Have a look at www.flightaware.com its US focused but shows Irish and european routes too just type the airport name and when the site gueses the airport , click on it to see the activity
    shows private , some military and cargo flights

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Where do you live? Then can provide further insight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Where do you live? Then can provide further insight

Donegal.Letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You would be getting DUB-SFO, DUB-ORD and some American flights to Frankfurt, Paris etc.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    You would be getting DUB-SFO, DUB-ORD and some American flights to Frankfurt, Paris etc.

I was suprised at the amount of planes in the early hours of the morning.Nearly constantly hearing them go over.They would mostly be flying from the west to east.

• Advertisement

8wiiv844q5v3wctu833.jpg

That shows some of the airways up there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I was suprised at the amount of planes in the early hours of the morning.Nearly constantly hearing them go over.They would mostly be flying from the west to east.

That hour of the morning you're looking at flights from North America to Ireland/UK/continental Europe. About 90% of traffic across the Atlantic transits Irish airspace.

Later in the day (around noon IIRC) the flights start to depart back across the pond, so you could expect to see east to west streams.

Somebody posted up details of the track structure here before, do a search for North Atlantic Tracks or maybe wiki it?

Thanks for all the replies.

Always wonder where all them planes where coming from and going to.In the summer the amount of vapour trails you can see is mad.Lucky feckers flying to the sun.

Thanks again for the info,much appreciated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I was in Kerry for New Year's Eve and during the day there was a few planes going from East to West over Tralee Bay and I wondered were any of them transatlantic services from Shannon.

I caught one on full zoom with my camera (x18 zoom) and from what I could make out it was an MD-11 as the engine was on the tail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If it was a MD11 it was most likely a transatlantic service.

• Advertisement

Fabio wrote: »
    I was in Kerry for New Year's Eve and during the day there was a few planes going from East to West over Tralee Bay and I wondered were any of them transatlantic services from Shannon.

I caught one on full zoom with my camera (x18 zoom) and from what I could make out it was an MD-11 as the engine was on the tail...

Just looking at the flightplans for the 31st- nothing from Shannon went that far south on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Maybe it was a cargo one going to Dublin or something...

Advertisement