If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT Question

Options
  • 30-12-2008 9:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I am registered for vat in Ireland. If I buy anything from the uk, and have it exported to Ireland I do not have to pay the vat. Will richer sounds give me the vat deduction on receipt of my details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

The best person to ask would be Richer Sounds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Thats why I asked the question in the richer sounds forum. Asked in the same way that everyone who has a question bout richer sounds will do. Its a bit of a no brainer! But cheers for your valuable input!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

In the same boat as Preset Num 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

best of my knowledge ..... you tell richersounds that you are in Ireland and they take the UK VAT off the price - but !!!! - that means you are legally entitled to pay Irish VAT and Import Duties on the product when it arrives in the country (depends on if the VATMAN/CUSTOMS decide to pick on you or not)

Anyhoo - thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

edit: Wrong thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

PCPhoto wrote: »
    best of my knowledge ..... you tell richersounds that you are in Ireland and they take the UK VAT off the price - but !!!! - that means you are legally entitled to pay Irish VAT and Import Duties on the product when it arrives in the country (depends on if the VATMAN/CUSTOMS decide to pick on you or not)

Anyhoo - thats just my opinion

If the goods are supplied from any EU country, you will not have to pay Vat on it here. Whether the supplier will agree is another matter. I raised the same question with Boffer and they did'nt want to know:mad:

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I am registered for vat in Ireland. If I buy anything from the uk, and have it exported to Ireland I do not have to pay the vat. Will richer sounds give me the vat deduction on receipt of my details?

Dear Boardies,

Thanks for the posts reference VAT free purchases.

This is a regular query that pops up every couple of days when we get a Customer into the shop in Belfast quoting a VAT number and demanding that we sell to them ex-vat.

This is what we can do, legally - we are happy to sell ex-vat to the ROI on foot of an official order on Company headed paper when accompanied by proof of VAT registration (this proof must be an original Revenue document). The goods will be supplied to the Company address and MUST be exported by ourselves - ie personal shoppers cannot purchase goods and take them away VAT free.

These are a combination of UK Revenue rules and our own controls and checks which ensure that individuals do not use a spurious VAT number to avoid paying tax. In the event that we process a vat free sale and the Revenue were to decide that such a sale was not allowable, we are liable for payment of the VAT.

If any Boardies wish to make a VAT free purchase then all they have to do is to contact us at either sales@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie with a scan of a VAT registration cert, details of their order, a valid order form and their contact details and we will contcat them to work the rest of the details out,

Thanks again and please drop me a line BY EMAIL if I can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.