Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W890i

• 30-12-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭

Hey all..

Figure I'd ask about this here..

Ok,
    Basically, I'm looking to use either my phones inbuilt mic, or the plug in hands free as a mic for my computer.

I'm traveling around allot at the mo and the mic on my asus isn't the best so I want to use my phone for talking on Skype..

Anybody know how to do this?
    I've had a bit of a play around but I can only get it working the other way..
    I.e my netbook as the mic for my phone... :o

I'm guessing its something that needs setting up on the phone end..

Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

no idea how you do that but how's the phone itself? I had a w880i but found the keys to small.....was tempted to get a w890i the other day, is the browser or battery any good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that sounds really complicated and probably not possible. would you not just buy a microphone for a few euro? does the laptop have a mic input?

you could also use a bluetooth headset

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    that sounds really complicated and probably not possible. would you not just buy a microphone for a few euro? does the laptop have a mic input?

you could also use a bluetooth headset

Thought about the mic and bluetooth but I wanted to see if it could be done, or if anybody here knew how.

And come on... using your phone as a bluetooth handset for your PC is just cool.

Think i might have cracked it btw, Cheers all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

how'd you do it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement