Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target shooting club

Options
  • 30-12-2008 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

first time posting and looking to get into target pistol and possibly rifle. I've checked previous threads and the nearest club to me is DTSC (living in Blessington). Can someone enlighten me as to how I would go about getting membership (tried last Sat. but range was closed - I think!)

Apologies if I am repeating previous threads.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Don't have any details on DTSC but if you have no luck there contact
    Pat @ Hilltop (http://www.pcquad.com)

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 DMZ

Cheers - I'll give Pat a call. DTSC would be handier though (distance - only 10 minutes). Are there any members who would have contact details and range opening times?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

PM Sikamick, he'll sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paddyenfield303

whats that thing yous say dont feed the monkeys

Thanks - just sent a PM to Sikamick.
    Last query, with these new licensing laws is it still possible to get a pistol or revolver (maybe a .22?) or would it be better to just join a club and wait to see what happens in the new year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

DMZ wrote: »
    Thanks - just sent a PM to Sikamick.
    Last query, with these new licensing laws is it still possible to get a pistol or revolver (maybe a .22?) or would it be better to just join a club and wait to see what happens in the new year?

You should try the Eagles, BRC, DRC, all these clubs are in the same area as DTSC.

Sikamick

Many thanks - back to Wiki and the map then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

DMZ,

To seek a license for a pistol, of any calibre, you will need to be a member of a target shooting club regardless of what the New Year brings.

I would recommend talking to come clubs. See which one takes your fancy, sign up and get yourself on a basic proficiency course.

Whatever the New Year brings those are steps that you will need to do anyway.

Hilltop is only a short spin from you.

B'Man

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

On that note, does anyone have a location for Eagles' range?

Sikamick wrote: »

You should try the Eagles, BRC, DRC, all these clubs are in the same area as DTSC.

Sikamick

Hi Sikamick

Came across this when I was doing a search for clubs in the Dublin area:

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/RL2532.htm

Seems that you were having some difficulty with planning, has it been resolved, this information looks like it may be useful to other clubs who might find themselves in the same position.

You said that the club was closed for membership but is the range still open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 garv

Hi DMZ,
    I think the range in Brittas in now closed.I was on the range in the midlands last Saturday. Members of DTSC were there checking out their new home. Dublin Target Sports Club are moving from thier own range in Brittas Co Dublin to the Midlands in the new year and I'd like to be one of the first to welcome Sikamick and the members of Dublin Target sports club to the midlands shooting ranges.

Welcome & best of Luck in your new home,
    Garv.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

garv wrote: »
    Hi DMZ,
    I think the range in Brittas in now closed.I was on the range in the midlands last Saturday. Members of DTSC were there checking out their new home. Dublin Target Sports Club are moving from thier own range in Brittas Co Dublin to the Midlands in the new year and I'd like to be one of the first to welcome Sikamick and the members of Dublin Target sports club to the midlands shooting ranges.

Welcome & best of Luck in your new home,
    Garv.;)

Classic move lads. When are you attending next,can I go too:)

Advertisement