Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baitrunner Reel

Options
  • 30-12-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All
    I have just started fishing and i want to invest in a good baitrunner reel.
    I will be fishing for Pike from the bank and a boat any advice on a good baitrunner reel the cost and were to buy would be great.
    Cheers
    John,,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

A Shimano baitrunner, with the strength of the Euro against sterling, getting one online from the UK, or from one of the tackle shops in Northern Ireland will be your best bet at the moment. Pick one of the models that matches your budget. I've 4 of these, a pair of GTE5000's for my Tench and Bream fishing, and a pair of GTE6000's for Carp and Pike. Not had a single problem with them, have the 6000's for nearly 5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

ive a 5000... i love it, only thing is you dont get the spare spool with the 5000, but with the 6000 i pretty sure you do.

The 5000 is 100 quid and 6000 is 150.

I was told though that the 5000 was a better reel, in that they are built better or something, either way they're both great, mate of mine has 2 6000s and he loves them.

Advertisement