Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

• 30-12-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi guys,

We recently bought a sony handycam dcr-sr35 to keep video footage of our new born son however in artificial light, the blacks look green and the footage looks to be very bad quality indoors. I know nothing about digital photography or video and bought it on the advice of the sales assistant who seemed to know what they were talking about. Is this normal wu=ith these cameras or have i got a bad or faulty one?

I have attached a screen shot of some of the footage to give you an idea. My friend is wearing black and it looks green, juniors bouncy seat is black it is green and generally the colour looks very washed out?

there does not seem to be any colour settings on the camera to change?

Any advice on this woould be greatly appreciated......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

It looks suspiciously like colour IR footage. If the camera isn't MEANT to do this (have you turned something on by mistake ?) then it's probably faulty all right. There might be some night mode that shoots in IR though or something. I don't think normal footage is meant to look like that, no :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It does look to have that IR look to it.

Any camera will struggle with low light. I don't know much about Video. Maybe they turn on some IR to supplement the image when the light is really low.

How does it work in daylight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I have Sony DCR-SR90 HDD Camcorder and have 2 ways of shooting.
    1) Is Normal and full colour but if I was too shoot in low light conditions ie at a badly lit gig it would be just dark. In conditions like yours I'm fairly sure it would produce the colours better.
    2) Option 2 is Sony's special night Vision mode (NV) which makes it more like infra green without the green!

So looking at your jpg your problem appears to be diff altogether, although I did notice it was dark outside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think the folk over in the Audio-Video Editing forum may be more able to assist with this one, so I may move it there. Feel free to move it back if it's not appropriate.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Was looking at getting on of these myself for recording my new arrival too.

Specs wise looks good and the few reviews I read were good but unexplained problesm like this would make me cautious. Hope you get an answer from a technical expert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement