Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference between Technic 1210 MK II and MK 5?

• 30-12-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Yo folks,

I'm looking at getting a set of 1210's. I know the MK 5 is a newer model but everywhere still seems to be selling the MK II. Is there any reason for this?

Also, looking for a decent mixer too. Something that will work well with Traktor Scratch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

something about them being digital(whatever that means).my mate had a pair.theres no real noticeable differnce imo.your not missing out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Did a bit more digging and its to do with the indent on the pitch control. Apparently theres an indent midway on the mkII and none on the mk5. Makes it a lot easier to fine tune your pitch without the indent. Thanks anyway!

garthv wrote: »
    Did a bit more digging and its to do with the indent on the pitch control. Apparently theres an indent midway on the mkII and none on the mk5. Makes it a lot easier to fine tune your pitch without the indent. Thanks anyway!
    yeah theres that too i guess but to be honest i think that most people just nudge the record there trying to beatmatch and make it a bit slower or faster so it takes you away from the quartz lock.
    it honestly isnt worth the extra money.

also,most clubs will have mkll's so you would be advised get used to them.not that theres gonna be much of a difference but if lil things like not having th quartz lock are important to you,you wont have that luxury if you go to a club and they have mkll's.
    although even the presence of them is dwindling in favour of a cdj install

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

seannash wrote: »
    yeah theres that too i guess but to be honest i think that most people just nudge the record there trying to beatmatch and make it a bit slower or faster so it takes you away from the quartz lock.
    it honestly isnt worth the extra money.

Most people change gears in corners because they have bad habits.

You only really lock on to the pitch when you hit with pitch control..

a lot of dj's i notice using their hand to spin or slow down a record end up not been able to hold pitch for very long, it's better to get in a good habbit of using pitch

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    Most people change gears in corners because they have bad habits.

You only really lock on to the pitch when you hit with pitch control..

a lot of dj's i notice using their hand to spin or slow down a record end up not been able to hold pitch for very long, it's better to get in a good habbit of using pitch
    no what i meant was they nudge the pitch a bit in order to speed up or slow down the record and this in turn will take you away from the quartz lock of the track your trying to beatmatch.
    i phrased it wrong i guess,not talking about pushing the track along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

seannash wrote: »
    no what i meant was they nudge the pitch a bit in order to speed up or slow down the record and this in turn will take you away from the quartz lock of the track your trying to beatmatch.
    i phrased it wrong i guess,not talking about pushing the track along

exactly, what's called "riding the pitch" doesn't work as well if you're using the mk2's as opposed to the mk5's

Jev/N wrote: »
    exactly, what's called "riding the pitch" doesn't work as well if you're using the mk2's as opposed to the mk5's
    ha ha no not riding the pitch.;)
    okay ill explain.lets say you have a record on deck A.
    the pitch slider on deck is is set to+ 2% on the pitch slider.
    now if you find your trying to beatmatch a record on deck B and the pitch slider is ending up near the quartz lock nudge the pitch slider on deck A up or down.(so deck A is either at +3% or if you decrese it itll be at 1%)
    this will enable you to beatmatch the other record on deck B without having to be near the quartz lock.
    thats what im talking about,not riding the pitch.its more avoiding th quartz lock.its a pretty standard practice to be honest:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ah right, I thought you preferred the mk5's due to being able to ride the pitch near to 0 - reading your others posts I know whatcha mean now

Jev/N wrote: »
    Ah right, I thought you preferred the mk5's due to being able to ride the pitch near to 0 - reading your others posts I know whatcha mean now

finally:D
    nah i thik the mk5 are a waste of money,you dont really get much extra for the extra cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

On the SL-1210 Mk5G you have the option to switch from +/- 8% pitch to +/- 16% with the push of a button. Think they have a pitch reset button too.
    So it gives you twice the amount of bpm control if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anything played at over +6 usually sounds like a bunch of arse though.
    Working around the 0% pitch dip in the MKIIs becomes second nature after you get stuck in it once or twice, it really is nothing to worry about.
    I'd say save the cash and go for the MKIIs

Advertisement