Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Bad Boy Extension"?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have a mk6 polo and I want to achieve this look.

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=29900

Check out the lights! Someone said its called a "Bad Boy Extension". Apparently its just a body add-on to the bonnet. Anyone know where I would get anything like this. I live on the Northside of Dublin.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
    The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Seanieke wrote: »
    Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
    The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Private forum, you need to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

sorry, here's a file attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

have you tried ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's two pieces of 3mm steel welded to the bonnet, then finished with filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

that would be the scrapheap challenge way of doing it ;)

to be fair, it's not the most sophisticated of mods, the knackers in Saxos and Puntos have been doing it for years.

No offence to any Saxo or Punto drivers here!

Is there any other feasible way of doing it Papu? I can hardly see someone shelling out for lead loading, and I doubt they're a off-the-shelf item either.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    to be fair, it's not the most sophisticated of mods, the knackers in Saxos and Puntos have been doing it for years.

No offence to any Saxo or Punto drivers here!

Is there any other feasible way of doing it Papu? I can hardly see someone shelling out for lead loading, and I doubt they're a off-the-shelf item either.

you can get hood extensions like this

generally you filla those in yourself , or if your really pro , get a larger hood and mod it so it sits right , but that all involves allot of effort , sanding grinding , filling , spraying .
    Im sure you can but hood extensions for Mk6 polo's shipping them in from abroad could be costly tho.

A nice set of Brows or something maybe , they can be had cheaply offa ebay .

the hood in the pic looks a bit off colour , so it could be an extension filler spray job.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

I wonder how much this would cost. Seems like such a small job. Does anyone know any good body shops, preferably on the North side of Dublin?

papu wrote: »
    you can get hood extensions like this

That's completely different, the bonnet in the MK2 Golf has a separate grille that comes up higher than the lights.
    ALONG%20GOLF%20II.jpg
    of course it would be an easy job just to swap the grille section.

With the Polo the only way to achieve this is with bodywork, paint, filler, etc. it isn't just a stick-on job.

EDIT: that Golf looks horrible with MK3 indicators/fogs and that ridiculous plastic yoke.

I'd budget around 600-700 yoyos for a proper job, you're looking at also spraying the whole bonnet and part of the wings, and if it's a new-ish car you'll certainly devalue the car by having the work done

• Advertisement

aye , seems har dto buy off the shelf

these crowd do it
    http://venommotorsport.com/speedtech-bad-boy-bonnets.php
    but nothing for the Mk6

it would have to be a custom job i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

For those who know the mk5, the VW sign on the front grill goes into the bonnet just a small bit. About 2 inches long by half an inch tall. Now the lad who does bodywork for me is top notch, and says to get a bit welded in there, and the bonnet sprayed etc. would be 450. So take what you will (cost wise) from that.

See here the piece missing.
    12800.jpg

Limerick Man:

the OP also wants the corners of the bonnet extended.

Also, the picture you just posted is for the facelift Polo model

This is what the OP has:
    IMG_2113Polo-1.2ft-2.gif

This is what your bonnet goes on:
    car_photo_216188_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, Colm the bonnet i showed was from a Mk5 Golf. I was just giving a rough price for filling in the missing part.

Just in comparision if they were to get the metal fitted and the bonnet sprayed. I'm not that bad:rolleyes:

permanent marker or black tape ;)

Advertisement