Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a template for the personal statement for CAO form

Options
  • 30-12-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

i need to write out a personal statement for the CAO application but dont really know how best to go about it.

does anyone have a template or a copy of one that they have done up previously. i dont want to copy it, just want an idea of how best to structure it.

im applying to different courses so dont know if i should be specific about a particular course or just keep it more general.

Comments

I'd imagine it's really for you to show how much you want to do that course. What pushes you towards that subject? What do you wish to do with that qualification? What has your experience been in that area?

If I'm right the interviewers in the college (if there is an interview) would be looking over your personal statement so you should consider them as your audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Go to thestudentroom.co.uk and there is plenty of personal statements there (you need to register,it's free!)

It's good to get an idea of what to write but at the end of the day you have to sell yourself and why you want to do the course and what you want to get out of the course!

Try to stand out, be different from the crowd. We were told by admin at UCD that you do need to get personal and be a bit soppy if you need to. If you are applying to more than one course state your preference.

Have someone read over it and give you advice on improving it. You do need to spend a bit of time over your personal statement.

I have to start mine for the UCAS application. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 comebackkid

thanks for the replies, they have been very helpful.

Advertisement