Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you an alcoholic?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

neckin' a bottle of Miller here, so definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm not.....

No?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Probably, I'm too drunk to think the question through..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

stovelid wrote: »

Damn it! My covers blown!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

O dear gawd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Drunk for the most of the month of December.

I'd say I'm an alcoholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I went out once in December and before that the last time I had a drink was back in September. I have not drank over the Christmas yet and I do not think I will, not even for New Years.

My dad is actually an alcoholic so I dont really want to head down that route. 1 kidney down and still drinking nearly every single day. :mad: Best of luck, tell me how George Best is. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Funnay-5_Seconds.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Onkle wrote: »
    I agree

Whut? I'm not drunk, I'm just big boned *hiccup*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

wHAT WaS thE qUEStiON ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No
    and i'm not as think as you drunk i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thanks Id love an omlette right about now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Whatever was the question, he had to ask it when I was buzzed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm a pc!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,245 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'm not an alcoholic... but I could be one... if I drank more... maybe in the future... I'd say I could be a pretty good one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Nope, not an alcoholic. If away from friends I won't drink. I really only do it for the social aspect.

I like to vary my drug of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't drink so I should hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Does the lord count as a person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I drink practically every night. But because I dont drink in the daytime and it doesnt affect my life i.e i still get up at 7am do whatever needs doing then no i'm not an alcoholic. But I'm heading in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

No way. Could an alcoholic do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Trinity1 wrote: »
    I drink practically every night. But because I dont drink in the daytime and it doesnt affect my life i.e i still get up at 7am do whatever needs doing then no i'm not an alcoholic. But I'm heading in the right direction.
    Yeah, I used to wonder whether someone who has a few beers or a couple of glasses of wine every night has a problem... but then I got to know a guy who would have two or three bottles of wine a night, would regularly ring in sick - not just due to a hangover but in order to stay at home drinking all day... and if he was off/"sick" he would start drinking at breakfast time and not stop til he went to bed. So Trinity, once you don't veer beyond what you're doing, you won't have a problem. Perhaps an unnecessary habit though...

I only drink when I go out (which is one or two nights a week) but I hoover the drink back and sometimes get into a seriously pissed state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, I used to wonder whether someone who has a few beers or a couple of glasses of wine every night has a problem... but then I got to know a guy who would have two or three bottles of wine a night, would regularly ring in sick - not just due to a hangover but in order to stay at home drinking all day... and if he was off/"sick" he would start drinking at breakfast time and not stop til he went to bed. So Trinity, once you don't veer beyond what you're doing, you won't have a problem. Perhaps an unnecessary habit though...

I only drink when I go out (which is one or two nights a week) but I hoover the drink back and sometimes get into a seriously pissed state.

Very bad habit! Its starts off 2 bottles of beer a night and over the xmas season its now upped to a 1.5 litre bottle a night (fancy one in the shape of a champagne bottle) so me reckons its time to stop!!

I used to drink only when i went out but now i dont go out and its so relaxing after a long day to kick back with a beer. Its definately habit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

**** yeah.
    There was a day there back in february where I didnt drink.
    It was ****e.
    Drunk for the most of the month of December.

I'd say I'm an alcoholic.

The things we have to do to cope eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

yes:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Ill let you know when I'm sober. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Ill let you know when I'm sober. :)

Soberity is not all it's cracked up to be.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

No. Alcoholic's go to meetings :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

how have the lines not been said yet. EDIT: Beaten to it!

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings.

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics have class, I'm a f**king drunk
    Not an Alcoholic, as i don't depend on Alcohol but i'm a definitely a binge Drinker.
    The government call over 4 drinks "binge drinking", I reckon most people are binge drinkers.
    You are drunk Sir Winston, you are disgustingly drunk'. 'Yes, Mrs. Braddock, I am drunk. But you, Mrs. Braddock are ugly, and disgustingly fat. But, tomorrow morning, I, Winston Churchill will be sober'.

Advertisement