Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ad-hoc

• 30-12-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Somehow my computer managed to switch to Ad-hoc connection,I want to change it back to the infrastructure mode,how do i do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

More info needed.

Assuming that you're using Windows XP and you've got a router and that both the router and computer are set up for wireless networking, and that you previously have connected to the router wirelessly and that the router is in infrastructure mode:

On the Wireless Networks tab in the Properties of your Network Connection (right-click the network connection and select properties) click the Advanced button and see whether it's configured to only access ad-hoc networks.

If it isn't, give more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gregbelvo

More info needed.

Assuming that you're using Windows XP and you've got a router and that both the router and computer are set up for wireless networking, and that you previously have connected to the router wirelessly and that the router is in infrastructure mode:

On the Wireless Networks tab in the Properties of your Network Connection (right-click the network connection and select properties) click the Advanced button and see whether it's configured to only access ad-hoc networks.

If it isn't, give more information.

When i do that it doesn't say anything about ad-hoc,it has one box for firewall settings and another 2 titled "Internet Connection Sharing",with one box (unticked) saying "Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection"

Any ideas?

gregbelvo wrote: »
    When i do that it doesn't say anything about ad-hoc,it has one box for firewall settings and another 2 titled "Internet Connection Sharing",with one box (unticked) saying "Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection"

Any ideas?
    adhoc04yo5.gif

This is the Advanced button I'm talking about - is that the one you clicked?

What operating system are you using?

What router do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gregbelvo

adhoc04yo5.gif

This is the Advanced button I'm talking about - is that the one you clicked?

What operating system are you using?

What router do you have?

I have Windows XP and a Zyxel router,i dont get the same box there are no "Wireless Networks" or "Authentication" tabs

How do you know your current connection is ad-hoc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement