Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaining Weight?

• 30-12-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Hi, was just wondering
    I need to gain mayeb around a stone.
    What foods should I be eating to help with this and how often?
    Not looking to take any diet pills or anything like that.
    Can anybody help me out here?
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Jammyc wrote: »
    Hi, was just wondering
    I need to gain mayeb around a stone.
    What foods should I be eating to help with this and how often?
    Not looking to take any diet pills or anything like that.
    Can anybody help me out here?
    Many thanks!
    It’s the wrong forum to ask that sort of question , you would be better off heading over to the fitness forum (I’m going to be busy for a while but if I’m back before others answer your question I will try to help)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nuts are extremely high calories, if you started eating a lot of them and adding stuff like ground almonds to your cereal, you would def put on weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

you will probably get more replies in the diet and nutrition forum, i will move it there now for you

mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Nerdysal is keeping a food diary in the food diary forum aimed at gaining weight. Maybe check that out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nuts as mentioned, you can get 1kg tubs of natural unsalted peanut butter in holland & barret for about €6, this on wholemeal bread washed down with whole milk will pack on the weight. Just don't overdo it.

Wholemeal pasta is another thing you could try. Whole milk has 640kcal per litre. You need around 3500kcal of foods to put on 1lb of weight. So having an extra litre per day should see 1lb of weight gain every 5-6days.

Why do you need to gain the weight? If you are really skinny you should strongly consider resistance training to build up muscle, no point just putting on fat. If you have gone so long being thin you might be weaker than average. Added muscle mass can really help in your daily life, men or women can really benefit from it, some would say women moreso.

• Advertisement
Advertisement