Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDP to Home PC via 2247 Router

Options
  • 30-12-2008 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all

Im having a problem setting up remote access to my PC located at home running Vista.

I have allowed RDP connections on the PC and opened port forwarding for port 3389 on TCP & UDP. The Netopia firewall setting is currently set to low and as far as I can see everything should be accessible. The RDP 6 client just times out.

Any one have any suggestions on some other things to try besides using a 3rd party remote tool?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SaffaNick wrote: »
    Hey all

Im having a problem setting up remote access to my PC located at home running Vista.

I have allowed RDP connections on the PC and opened port forwarding for port 3389 on TCP & UDP. The Netopia firewall setting is currently set to low and as far as I can see everything should be accessible. The RDP 6 client just times out.

Any one have any suggestions on some other things to try besides using a 3rd party remote tool?

Thanks

Have you turned on remote desktop access on the PC itself? Is the Windows Firewall still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

have you forwarded port 3389 to the particular pc you want to RDP to?

windows firewall settings?

RDP enabled on pc?

yada yada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SaffaNick

Yep, all that done. Only other thing is Mcafee firewall may be blocking it, will have to check that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 astaro81

SaffaNick wrote: »
    Yep, all that done. Only other thing is Mcafee firewall may be blocking it, will have to check that

I'm leaning towards the Mcafee Firewall being your problem. I've had LOADS of problems with it before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

what OS are you trying yo get access to over RDP , XP HOme dosent support RDP Connections

• Advertisement
Advertisement