Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordering off Hmv?

• 30-12-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

I bought Left 4 dead on the 360 off hmv on the 27, where it was listed as being in stock in early 2009. I presumed that meant the first week of January, so i said fair enough. But then, the day after the product was listed as " back in stock in 21 days". Last time I checked, that wasn't early 2009.

I wouldn't have minded, but they were very vague about the dispatch.
    Anyway, now my order is placed under "On special order with our suppliers ".
    So what does this mean? Again, completely vague. Does anyone know how long this might take, until they obtain it through special order?

As far as correspondence has gone, they haven't given one email detailing how long it might take, the order was 3 days ago.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Checking around, it seems to be sold out everywhere (apart from Play-Asia). Might be an issue with the suppliers and not HMV themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Well game.co.uk still has it in stock, as does gamestation. Thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Early 2009 would generally mean the First Quarter which would be January to March.

While I realise this, I find it is only relevant for games that are coming soon, available in Early 2009, or Q1.

However, this has been out since November, so surely it won't take 3 months.

Has anybody else had experience of late deliveries with Hmv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ordered LocoRoco 2 from them which was also out of stock just before Christmas, it said "expected in 21 days" then, and is now still showing the same thing...
    I'd say cancel the order and buy it from elsewhere, they're usually good but seem to be a bit crap for items that they don't have in stock

• Advertisement

O.k cheers, I wouldn't mind, but communication is pretty poor.

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Sorry bit off topic but are gamestations delivery costs good and do they take long to deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've found Gamestation deliver in around 7 days - similar to thehut.com

Advertisement