Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying in the UK - where to look

Options
  • 30-12-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭

Hello

best websites for finding cars in the UK?

anyone had dealings with car dealers that they'd recommend?

Was looking to get a good diesel - golf, skoda, audi etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I found my last car on here, it has loads of cars, but probably better for older cars.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

A side issue - but have you thought about how to bring cash over there?
    I've found you can't buy a sterling draft here unless you know who you're buying from, which is a bit awkward to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

www.autoquake.com is a very well laid out website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carmad69

Try ulstertrader.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Autotrader, thats all you really need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

first decide the type of car you want.. say a golf....then check out any VW golf Forums and see if anyone is selling them there.. if you spot one you like you can always check through the forum to see if the person selling posted any threads about the cars problems

You'll often see people offering the car cheaper on the forum than they put it on autotrader for

Advertisement