Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Consultant

• 30-12-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

can anyone tell me what the role of a planning consultant is and what kind of fees they are likely to charge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

IMO A Planning Consultant is a person experienced in planning law, planning permissions and planning appeals.

He / She may have a formal qualification in urban / town planning or be an experienced Architectural Technician, Architect or Engineer. A number of retired Council Planners become self-employed Consultants.

Fee would depend on task. Time is money, so more detail is required in order to answer your question.

As with all quotes, get at least 3 quotes from recommendations /reputation or at worst let your fingers do the walking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

T-Square wrote: »
    <SNIP>

I hope you are joking!
    As it might seem that you are implying "friendship" gets permissions granted! Maybe I am misreading your post - hopefully I am. The days of alledged "brown envelopes" are over! (At least they should be)

I hope a Professional can rely on his skill, hard work and knowledge to achieve his goals, not "dubious" friendships and back-scratching.

Does an Accountant know all the Tax Inspectors by their first name and have to be best mates with them?:confused:
    Does a Solicitor live in a Judges ear so his criminal clients get away scot free? :D

Mod edit: Sorry RKQ but as the quoted post has now been deleted I had to remove it above

Advertisement