Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irishdomains.ie

Options
  • 30-12-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

I have a business site hosted with these and can't access since 22nd Dec. All phone lines are unanswered and say message box is full. 80% of my business comes from online enquiries and this is costing me a lot.

Anyone here have any information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you tried emailing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 irishd

Scotty # wrote: »
    I have a business site hosted with these and can't access since 22nd Dec. All phone lines are unanswered and say message box is full. 80% of my business comes from online enquiries and this is costing me a lot.

Anyone here have any information?

Hello,

If you have an urgent outage you should send an email immediately to emergency (at) irishdomains (dot) com and your issue will be resolved promptly (please make sure you include the domain name of the site), or you can PM this information to me directly if you prefer.

As all our systems are running 100%,it is most likely an account specific issue, possibly bandwidth or disk usage, but our sysadmins should easily be able to get to the bottom of it quickly.

I will get someone to check out the phone issue as there should be a message detailing other contact methods and times over the Christmas/New Year period, however this information is available on our website in any event.

Best Regards,

- Conor Moran
    Irish Domains Ltd
    www.irishdomains.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Many thanks for the reply Conor. I figured since the phones are not being answered and all phone line message boxes are full it would be unlikely an email would do any good.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

In fairness to Irish Domains it's the first outage I've had in 5 years or so being hosted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 irishd

Scotty # wrote: »
    Many thanks for the reply Conor. I figured since the phones are not being answered and all phone line message boxes are full it would be unlikely an email would do any good.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

In fairness to Irish Domains it's the first outage I've had in 5 years or so being hosted there.

Hi,

It doesn't look like we have received your email yet, so do send this to us or PM me to allow us get to the bottom of your issue.

Best Regards,

- Conor Moran
    Irish Domains Ltd
    www.irishdomains.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah ye better keep it quiet and discuss elsewhere. Aidan won't be happy when he gets here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

All sorted! My fault.

Some recent backups had pushed me over my disk space allowance and site could no longer communicate with database.

Thanks irishdomains for the fast response.
    Yeah ye better keep it quiet and discuss elsewhere. Aidan won't be happy when he gets here!

I apologise! Didn't realise discussing hosting was banned in the web development forum. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

irishd Join Date: Dec 2005

first post now :) classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

-_-

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement