Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Land

• 30-12-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a little help here - I really want to take my daughter to Disney Land for her birthday - something special she will remember - I've seen a few offers online but there a little pricey - has anyone done it cheaply?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Traceybere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Disneyland Paris I presume?

It is very expensive to stay at the resort. However, there is a very good train link both from Charles De Gaulle Airport and Central Paris to Chessy which is the train station for Disneyland. The train journey only takes about 30 minutes from Central Paris and you can get on at quiet a few stations, it is one of the RER lines and it is coloured red on Paris train maps (see here) I think it costs about 10 euro return for an adult and a bit less for a child.

There are lots of small hotels in Paris which are decently priced, particularly if you are going off season or outside of the main school holiday periods. There are also alot of very decent hostels. Don't be afraid to go to a hostel which has private rooms available as most of them are lovely.

Obviously staying in the Disneyland Hotel is the aim for everyone but it is also prohibitively expensive. I don't think you should be put off from staying away from the resort. Also, I think it better to stay in Paris and commute to Disneyland than stay in a hotel our near Disneyland because you can combine the two - a trip up the Eiffel Tower as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

When are you thinking of going?

I've been twice and I booked each thing separately. We went with Aer Lingus and flew Cork to CDG first time and Dublin to CDG the second time. The second time we got the flights totalling just under €250 in their sale.

Both times we stayed in one of Disney's selected hotels that are 10 mins from park gate by free shuttle bus. We stayed in the Holiday Inn and it was nice, around €90 per night including buffet breakfast for the 4 of us.
    We booked it online on ich's site

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/hotel/pardi;jsessionid=FUM5TMXGGKADACTGWA0SIIQKM0YDMIY4?hotelCode=pardi&_requestid=371185

We just got the park tickets at the gate and if you're going for 3 or more days or plan on going back again within the next 12 months you can get an annual pass.

I was there in November with my husband and daughter, kids under 7 stay and play free in the Disney hotels until March I think.
    We flew to Beauvais, I go to paris alot and must say I wouldn't usually choose this airport but the price difference on this occasion was substantial, however, it costs 26/30 return each on the Bus from Beauvais to Paris, you then have to get on a metro for two stops and then on the RER. If you go to CDG there is a bus directly to your hotel. I stayed in the Santa Fe hotel, (in disney) it is not the most fabulous hotel you'll ever stay in but it was perfect for us, and it was quite cheap, do bear in mind when you are looking at prices that your park tickets are included in the disney hotel prices whereas you have to add them on if you stay elsewhere. Also, bear in mind that eating anything other than McDonalds in Disney in extremely expensive and the food in the Santa Fe is very good so I would recommend going half board, it works out way cheaper.

My last piece of advice is avoid Disney at the weekends at all costs, it's a nightmare, 70-90 minute queues for most things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭CH3OH

You have left out some important information such as when you want to go and the age of your daughter? When you travel has the biggest influence on cost. The advantage of going out of season is that it is cheaper and not as busy. The disadvantage is that it can be cold … very cold!

I actually have to disagree with John concerning staying at the Disney hotels. If your purpose is only to visit Disneyland, Paris then some of the deals on the Disneyland site are very good . I just booked a 3 night stay for 2 adult and 2 children arriving Jan 25th for 450 euro in the New York Hotel. It is important to remember that this also includes park admission for 4 days . At the moment for those dates , kids under 12 go free and it is also 3 nights for the price of 2. This works out at 112 euro per person for 3 nights B&B and 4 days park admission. Some of the other hotels would be cheaper.
    Interesting thing is, that when you select Ireland as your home country the price on the Disney site is 596 euro. When you select UK as your home country it is £418 around 450euro max. A difference of approx 150 euro.
    I rang Disney and asked if I could book in sterling and was told only if I had a UK address.
    I then searched for UK travel agents and booked the same package through a UK travel agent for £418!

I booked the flights thought Aer lingus for 296 euro for 4 (plus 24 euro per bag!!). In the past I’ve gone both with Aer lingus and Ryanair. I found the transfer from CDG airport with VEA to be the least hassle and very quick. 34 euro return per adult and 26 per child. This bus runs from outside the departure gate terminal 1 ( gate 20 .. I think) and will drop you directly to the hotel.
    Any questions PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Sorry I hope to go the 12th to the 16th of Feburary.

My daughter is 5 and will be turning 6 while we are over there. I heard there is a party with the princesses for very resonable that I would love to take her to.

Would you advise booking the shows and dinner with characters as part of the pacage or is it cheaper to book them when you get there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭CH3OH

12th to the 16th is an expensive time to go. The disney packages are more expensive and all flights are around double... particularly to Paris .. Valentines day. Aer Lingus understand the term "bleeding Heart"!. The flight times with ryanair are not great but they are cheaper. My experience is that it is much less hassle to get from CDG to disneyland.
    I firmly believe there is plenty of free entertainment. There are lots of free shows and the parades are a fantastic opportunity to see all the characters without paying extra.. particularly if you are on a budget.
    first week of Feb is much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

CH3OH wrote: »
    I firmly believe there is plenty of free entertainment. There are lots of free shows and the parades are a fantastic opportunity to see all the characters without paying extra..

There are 3 parks to EuroDisney.

1. There is the huge main park which has all the ride and areas depending on what type of cartoon. (Map)

2. There is a "Walt Disney Park" which is part of the same thing, but is next door to the other one and charged separately!!!

3. There is a "Shopping Area".. Here there is restaurants and stuff. Some computer games and live shows, but only music and dancing... Good for relaxing after a park day. This part is free to get in.

Now.... You *could* stay in paris and take the train to disneyworld every day, but I would SERIOUSLY recommend avoiding that. I did it and it would not be good for a 6 year old.. Too much walking and then of course you are limited with what you can carry.

You should allow 1 full day per for parks 1 and 2... If you stayed at the disney hotels, you would get a deal which is like 2-3 days, and entrance to all parks included. I wished I had paid the extra few quid doing that instead of travelling from paris city centre every day.

TBH, you should shop around for the days you're going... That way you'll get decent deals if you are willing to change your dates. If you have to stick to the 12th, then I'm afraid your price will be pretty much stuck aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

CH3OH wrote: »
    Aer Lingus understand the term "bleeding Heart"!. The flight times with ryanair are not great but they are cheaper.

There's Cityjet (Air France) from Dub - Paris (Charles De Gaulle) too. They're about the same price as Aer Lingus (for the dates you're looking for) but their price includes the price of checked luggage.

Advertisement