Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio

Options
  • 30-12-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all, I am thinking of getting into flying model helicopters. I am currently looking for a radio that will cover all the bases but allow for future upgrading. I am currently considering a Spektrum Dx7 or Dx6i or a Fubata 6Ex. Depending on where i look there are different reviews both pro and con for each. I was wondering has anyone here used any of these and what they think of them.

Also does anyone buy equipment in from England and would there be any recommendations for sites. Any information would be great,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

The DX7 is a great radio and is even used by RC heli pilots in competitions like the 3D masters...
    There are some good models shops here in Ireland but at todays present sterling rate, buying from the UK will give you better value. have a look at www.fast-lad.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭kifi

I've just received a DX7 from heliguy.com who are based in the UK. It was the cheapest I could find from the UK. The DX7 is a popular radio with plenty of support available through forums etc.

On fast-lad.co.uk, from my experience their delivery times to Ireland are not as good as Heliguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

kifi wrote: »
    I've just received a DX7 from heliguy.com who are based in the UK. It was the cheapest I could find from the UK. The DX7 is a popular radio with plenty of support available through forums etc.

On fast-lad.co.uk, from my experience their delivery times to Ireland are not as good as Heliguy.

Nice website heliguy.com, just added it to favourites, however the DX7 is cheaper with fastlad, all be it 2pounds. Never had issues with delivery times, if ordered on a Monday I would usualy have it before the weekend. They also do next day delivery if your really stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I have used heliguy a few times, they were always fast with delivery and helpful. I have been using the DX7 a year and a half and find it brilliant, not a single interference glitch once ever, I have used it on planes and mostly heli`s and its really great.

Fast lad looks good too. Its the first i seen of it

Advertisement