Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Trad. Session

Options
  • 30-12-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

My friend is a top flute player who has just moved to Dublin from Ennis. His closest musical mates are gone on tour so he has been here a few months and is struggling to find an open session with similar advanced musicians. He knows the Cobblestone but wonders are there any particular nights where he can join in or even or venues etc.

Please help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

Hi,Just to let you know I have sent 2 PMs.Get back to me asap.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lank

I don't know if they still do it, but upstairs in O'Donoghues, used to be a few come along, join in sessions - I am going back a year or 7 here though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

O'Donoghues have great sessions on a Friday evening. The DIT trad ensemble have their session every second Tuesday in Mother Reilly's in Rathmines. And my own comhaltas branch host a session every Tuesday night. We're moving it to the new Clasac centre on the Alfie Byrne road in Clontarf starting 9pm this Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sessionplayer

GregoryP
    If you live on Dublin's Southside this may help

Thursday nights - Kiely's Pub, Donnybrook - Advanced session
    Friday nights - CCE Belgrave Square, Monkstown - Intermediate/advanced
    Every second Saturday - Cuala Gaa Club, Hyde Road, Dalkey - All genres, really works well, friendly & good fun
    House sessions every now & then

Need more info contact me plz
    Regards
    sessionplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 t&t

Brannagins just off O Connell St. on a Sunday from a bout 6 onwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

Craobh Chualann CCE in Monkstown - they have lessons on a Friday and then a session afterwards, which gets more advanced later in the evening. I haven't been there for ages but the atmosphere is (or was!) great and that would put him in touch with local players as well.

There's also a good session up in the Dublin mountains somewhere - I think the place is called the Blue Note - on a Weds or thursday every week (sorry I can't remember the details)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

There is a new trad session starting in the Village inn, Inchicore on sun 3rd may. 4-7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Seoid wrote: »
    There's also a good session up in the Dublin mountains somewhere - I think the place is called the Blue Note - on a Weds or thursday every week (sorry I can't remember the details)

The Blue Light pub. Its up behind the Lamb doyles on the way to Glencullen.

Every Wed.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Another good one...

The Wishing Well, in the room down at the back of the lounge. Its the pub beside TGIF (The Playright) on newtownpark Ave, Blackrock, Dublin.

Every Monday.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

Dalkey cuala club is great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The seamus ennis centre in Naul

Advertisement