Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, I pierced my ear, and.......

Options
  • 30-12-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

.....piercings aren't allowed in school. It's just a stud in my lobe, very small. However, it must be left in fo 4-6 weeks to keep the hole in place. Is there a way I can conceal it in some way? My friend told me about a little thing that you can put in instead which is colourless and would go unnoticed. Does such a thing exist, or will I just have to put a bandage over the ear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

there is a colourless earring that you can get, its called a piercing retainer.
    how long ago did you get it done? because if its recent, your ear will have swollen. the stud that you got with the piercing is extra long to accommodate this. Its also better to handle the piercing as little as possible aside from when you're cleaning it. I know for me, I wouldn't consider changing the jewelry till its healed.
    Dont put a bandage over it, a piercing is basically a puncture wound and it needs to breathe to heal

I assume its an all boys school?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Why didn't you check the school rules firstly? As someone that was not Raze said, you can't use a retainer until the piercing is healed. So you're either stuck with a stud that will get you in trouble, or take the piercing out and wait until you're finished school for the year/ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

jenizzle wrote: »
    Why didn't you check the school rules firstly? As Raze said, you can't use a retainer until the piercing is healed. So you're either stuck with a stud that will get you in trouble, or take the piercing out and wait until you're finished school for the year/ever.
    *nudges jen* pssst i didn post on this thread??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Quiet you! *runs away*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Stick a little bandage on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

Sean, needs to breathe to heal
    fact o the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sean, needs to breathe to heal
    fact o the matter.

Sorry, in a moment of laziness, I didn't really read the thread.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 L.i.t.h.i.u.m

Oh the amount of times, I got in trouble for my piercings in high school was actually ridiculous, got to the stage where the vice used to come into my classes to see if I had taken them all out, it was really a battle of the wills, its really up to you, you have to say is it worth the hassle or could you live with taking it out and getting it done over your next break and giving it time to heal

What I used to be forced to do was take it out and try shove it back in when I had the chance, and take it from me its the worse thing you can do, it just make it really red and irritated and could get infected, take it from some one who knows too well bout that <_< just was to much hassle:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Oh the amount of times, I got in trouble for my piercings in high school was actually ridiculous, got to the stage where the vice used to come into my classes to see if I had taken them all out, it was really a battle of the wills, its really up to you, you have to say is it worth the hassle or could you live with taking it out and getting it done over your next break and giving it time to heal

What I used to be forced to do was take it out and try shove it back in when I had the chance, and take it from me its the worse thing you can do, it just make it really red and irritated and could get infected, take it from some one who knows too well bout that <_< just was to much hassle:(
    I tried doing that with my bridge. Had to take it out for work, and trying to get it in was bloody painful. Not worth the effort in the long run.

would putting a plaster over it just during the school hours damage it? that way its hid, and still aloowing it to breath at night.

To the OP, are all your teachers enforcing the no piercing rule. If not you could try and avoid the ones that do. I managed to do that for a year in my old school!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i had the same trouble,even with the piercings id had a while in my ear it was tricky,they used to close up when the stud was taken out,i found just putting a small clear retainer in helped,its bearly noticeable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

jenizzle wrote: »
    Why didn't you check the school rules firstly? As someone that was not Raze said, you can't use a retainer until the piercing is healed. So you're either stuck with a stud that will get you in trouble, or take the piercing out and wait until you're finished school for the year/ever.

I was aware of the rules, I just thought there was a solution, such as the plaster or the colourless thing.

My plan is to put the plaster over it during the day, and to take it off after school, so it can breathe then.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

stick some clear thick fishing wire in it,
    thats what i used to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

when did u get peirced, when are u back at school, a time line might be helpful, has the peircing heeled properly, i would advise if ur gona be handling it alot that u go and get urself a wee travel bottle of sterile gel, it doesn't need water and just evaporates straight off, last thing u want is to handle ur piercing and infect it cause of traces of something on ur hands.

My son got his ear pierced last yr, infact he got two in one ear the same day, there is a no piecing rule for boys in his school but his hair is long enough to hide his, we did however get it done during school holidays to give it time to heal and he religiously cleaned his and turned them.

just out of interest how small a stud did u get, there are really small ones u can get, just be sure to sterilize the earrings before u put em in and be sure ur hands are free from germs too, a well healed piercing is less noticable than an infected one ;)

Advertisement