Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry

Options
  • 30-12-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, absolutely fed up eating christmas dinners at this stage. Thinking of ordering a really hot curry for a change. Usually order mild curries but suddenly have a craving for something really hot.

What is the hotest curry you had in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You're still eating Christmas dinners?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dublin forum me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

There should be a Curry forum....maybe the mustard forum might be the closest?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Get a Thai Green curry. Ive been adicted to those bastards since I left the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Kundan Tandoori in Tallaght

Get the Lamb Vindaloo (Very Very Hot)

If you don't ask for a side order, They will look at you like your a mad man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Berty wrote: »
    Dublin forum me thinks.
    Shaddup biko...

wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A good Indian Restaurant will make any Curry as hot as you want.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Grimes wrote: »
    Get a Thai Green curry. Ive been adicted to those bastards since I left the place

Are the green curries hotter then the red ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Can't beat a good Thai green curry. Bear in mind, Thai green curries are spicy mothers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah spicy coconuts bastards. Much spicier than its ponce red brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Going for a nice vindaloo tonight, maybe some Bombay Aloo as well. Nom!

Dont think the green curry is hotter then an indian vindaloo curry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Get a Phall curry , one of the hotest indian curries you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Cruijff wrote: »
    Get a Phall curry , one of the hotest indian curries you can get.

They should be illegal. At the very least, come with a health warning.:eek:

Where can I get a good Indian on the northside dublin 11, 17 or 9 post codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A Tindaloo is a hot mofo too (yes, Tindaloo, not Vindaloo!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Go into your local curry house when you're drunk. Make loud irritating comments about pussy foreign food, annoy everyone in earshot, and then ask them for 'something hot'.

In the U.K, this is basically where the phal evolved from.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I love a spicey curry, but I find I cant eat them anymore, cause the next day it feels as if someone stuck a vicks nasal vapo thing up my gicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH.

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Where can I get a good Indian on the northside dublin 11, 17 or 9 post codes.

try www.bombaypantry.com

they've one listed in Ashtown - is that near you? the one in Glenageary is yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I work with several Indians and they use an Indian take-away somewhere in Portmarnock.

If you're going for a Vindaloo, be sure to put the toilet roll in the fridge. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I work with several Indians and they use an Indian take-away somewhere in Portmarnock.

If you're going for a Vindaloo, be sure to put the toilet roll in the fridge. :pac:

thats india link, they same company have one in beaumont too. for me the best indian i have tasted is tandoori bite on richmond street south, india house in killester is good as well but terrible at deliveries, if you phone in an order be prepared for an hour + wait

Plus one for the take-away in Portmarnock, although I haven't used it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

i once ate a curry in a friends house in london,he made it from a packet and just had to add peppers and lamb,it was the hottest thing ive ever tasted and i had been a chef for 20yrs.when i asked him to show me the packet..his wife laughed and went to the kitchen and brought out this packet made by some health company and the mix was called satans ashes,i saw the listed ingredients on the back and it contained a english chilli pepper called the dorset naga,which after searching i found out this english pepper is 100 times hotter than jalapeno peppers.:)

Just had my first Vindaloo curry. I got Jamuna in Drumcondra to make it for me. It nearly blew the head off me...............

Feeling a bit dizzy now think i'll lie on the couch for the rest of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just had my first Vindaloo curry. I got Jamuna in Drumcondra to make it for me. It nearly blew the head off me...............

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hope you remembered to put a few rolls of toilet paper in the fridge:D

:D

Have a lassi (or even a milk shake) with it. Helps it down a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

the curries here in oz (same in nz too) are totally ghey they can't handle spicy food. Seriously a vindaloo here is about the same as a really weak madras at home. I remember I wouldn't be able to talk/breath/walk after eating some of the vindaloos at home. They're even hotter in Britain I found.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

stovelid wrote: »
    Plus one for the take-away in Portmarnock, although I haven't used it for a few years.

Don't venture near the kip, its awful. It used to be considered a good curry house, but that was back in the days before Bombay Pantry, Bombay to Go, Rice and Spice etc.

OP, checkout Bombay Pantry. Probably considered one of the finest by us curries lovers.

Advertisement