Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External HDD problem

• 30-12-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Heres my situation, i recently bought an external HDD. I connected it to my vista machine and transferred around 300gb of stuff to it. After this i connected the HDD to my mac and copied another 40gb of Files to it. After i connected the drive bac to my vista machine the drive is no longer mounted. I can see it in Computer->Manage->Disk Management but the drive wont mount in explorer.

The drive is formatted as Fat32 and can still be read by OSX but not in vista.

BTW i cant format the drive until i get the data from it, and i cant copy the data to the mac because the HDD is only 160GB

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me here. Some of these files are irreplacable and are not backed up yet(this was the first stage of my backup plan:mad:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

If you right click on the drive in Disk Managment do you have a "Change Drive Letter & Paths..." option? If yes, you can assign a drive letter manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

:D Damn you, haha. I hate boardsies. Always right:P. Thanks million dude. All working perfectly now. Never even thought to try that.

Really appreciate the help.

Ritchie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

Haha! No problem. You're welcome. Glad it worked out for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭DenMan

h8red wrote: »
    If you right click on the drive in Disk Managment do you have a "Change Drive Letter & Paths..." option? If yes, you can assign a drive letter manually.

What about if your external is listed down as being "unallocated space". This happened to me a few years back and I went in under disk management and assigned it a drive letter and fixed the problem. Is it the same problem the OP had?

Advertisement