Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomato sauce used in Pasta at Supermarket Salad Bar's?

• 30-12-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I really like the red/tomato sauce that's used in the Dunnes Salad Bar pasta - Does anyone know where I can get it? It's much nicer than any of the ones i've bought from the shelfs (ie. Dolmeo etc. pasta sauce)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Why not make your own?

Basic tomato and basil sauce: Fry a crushed clove of garlic in a little olive oil (gently - don't let it brown!), then add a tin of tomatoes, a heaped teaspoon of dried basil, a teaspoon of sugar, a squirt of tomato puree and salt & black pepper. Simmer for around 20 minutes until reduced. Once you master this you can then add onions, chili, bacon pieces, chopped mushrooms etc before the tomatoes. It's much nicer than prepared sauces in jars :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Maybe some day but I rarely have the time at the moment

The sauce in question is quite a sweet sauce too, i'm not exactly a chef so can't be more descriptive than that! :o

Advertisement