Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kalashnikov AK 47 Disarmed

Options
  • 30-12-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A friend of mine has a disarmed Kalashnikov AK 47. He wants to sell it so I am enquiring does anybody know where he could do so or if anybody would be interested in it. If so what kind of price would he be looking for it.
    It is 100% genuine and has serial number.
    Thanks,
    Popanddrop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Popanddrop wrote: »
    Hi,
    A friend of mine has a disarmed Kalashnikov AK 47. He wants to sell it so I am enquiring does anybody know where he could do so or if anybody would be interested in it. If so what kind of price would he be looking for it.
    It is 100% genuine and has serial number.
    Thanks,
    Popanddrop

When you say "disarmed" do you mean it was real & has been deactivated, if so is there a deactivation cert or did it start it's life as a replica?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Prices vary on AKs as well.
    If it is stil able to be stripped,remove mags,and work the trigger mechanisms,you have a more valuable Deact than somthing that is solidly welded up into a high tech club.
    If it is new without dings ,it will be more valuable than somthing that looks like it was in both wars in Afghanistan.
    All in all AKs arent a big valuable piece[unlike the M16].Have a look at www.dswuk.com
    for an idea on prices.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Prices vary on AKs as well.
    If it is stil able to be stripped,remove mags,and work the trigger mechanisms,you have a more valuable Deact than somthing that is solidly welded up into a high tech club.
    [/URL]

I see the UK are coming down heavy on old spec de-acts now. Dealers I know are been told to send pre 95 stuff back to be re-proofed. Meaning welded closed. They also want all mags to be stripped of springs etc. So the old spec guns that are worth around £1000 are been returned from the proof houses at a resale price of around £350. Plus the dealer has to pay for the re-proofing. Now thats salt in th wounds!

Some original USSR AKs in good condition can make good money. But most have mis match numbers and were bought by the Ton from some war lord or another and are in very used condition. Can you put up pics??? Might be able to help you more.

One other thing. You need permission from your local super to have a de-act gun here. So play safe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

This is not welded up, it can be stripped down, mag removed etc.
    The mag itself is welded but not onto the AK of coarse. All mechanisms are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ok in www.deactivated guns.co.uk A old spec AK like you describe is going for £650 STG..Abit much,but then it is a prop from the 007 movie Golden eye.:D.
    New spec deact[AKA a high tech akward club:(] is £250 STG.Both are folding stock models with some wear.So P&D you can work out a price from those two.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Popanddrop wrote: »
    This is not welded up, it can be stripped down, mag removed etc.
    The mag itself is welded but not onto the AK of coarse. All mechanisms are working.

Need Pics. It might be a EU deact. Or pre 95 UK deact. Depends on work do to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Gun dealer in Navan has an old speck in good nick folding stock for 600 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ylfrepus2003

Hi could u message me with more details as i am interested in old spec deact AK47

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ylfrepus2003

Popanddrop please message me i am interested in this AK and anyone else who has a pre 95 deact AK 47. Thanx

Advertisement