Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help!- stranded

Options
  • 30-12-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

Hi folks complete newbie to this site,badly stuck I have a '99 mazda 626 both of my key fobs are broke. One of em was actingup-i.e. kept setting/openingcar and re-setting constantly. Figured it was the fobs battery,In my infinite wisdom i replaced both batteries now neither are working.
    I was thinking maybe i fried the mini circuit boards when replacing batteries?? ANY help is greatly appreciated asi'm now stuck unable to drive anywhere.
    thanks in advance .
    P.S. The code on fob reads- SRD-MPT1340GB, RTT/D/X1569, G133. 818K, LAZERLINE T101V3 ... googled it and only ref is to an autoelectric page in Russian!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Don't panic, your keyfobs probably just need to be re-coded to the car.
    Have you an owner's manual for it, they usually detail the procedure?

I'm sure someone who knows their way around Mazdas will be along shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

The Mazda fob doesnt have a transponder in it if its broke the car will still start.

If it is an after market alarm with an imobaliser either turn off the alarm with the key or dissconnect the wires from the alarm going to the wiring to the fuel pump.

Just read your post again it is an after market alarm you need to find the two green wires coming from the alarm and join them together if you dont have the key to the alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here are some instructions-
    http://www.mazda626.net/index.php?showtopic=19486
    Remote Entry Key Fob Programming, 99 626

1. Begin with the driver's door open
    ---- Locate the button on the frame which indicates whether the door is open or closed
    2. Within 24 seconds,
    ---- a. Insert the key in the ignition
    ---- b. 3 times, turn the ignition key to the run / on position, then back to off (run, off, run, off, run, off)
    ---- c. slide the key out of the ignition until the door open chime stops sounding
    ---- d. Press the open door button 3 times
    3. You should hear a chime indicating the car is in programming mode.
    4. You can now program exactly 3 fobs. To do this, press any one key on each fob twice, waiting for an acknowledgement chime between each fob.
    ---- For step 4, if you have only one fob, do it 3 times.
    ---- If you have 2 fobs, program the first one once, and the second one twice.
    5. Press the door open button once. The car should give another acknowledgement chime.
    6. Test key fobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

thanks but don't have a manual for it,small l.e.d.on fob notworking thats what has me thinking its knackered. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

thebullkf wrote: »
    thanks but don't have a manual for it,small l.e.d.on fob notworking thats what has me thinking its knackered. :(

That fob is just for your remote central locking or your alarm. Have you a disarm key for the alarm to shut it down??? If you do, use it and then use the key to start the car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the fob is for the Laserline alarm and nothing to do with Mazda.

you wouldn't have put the battery in backwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

colm_mcm wrote: »
    the fob is for the Laserline alarm and nothing to do with Mazda.

you wouldn't have put the battery in backwards?

Exactly, so disarm the alarm with the key and start the car, end of problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hi discovered battery wasn.t making full connection with contacts,have been ill last fewdays so haven't even crossed my front door!. have l.e.d on fob working now but fob's still non responsive to car?? very frustrating,sorry if i come across as a complete goon but really haven't a clue about cars. haven't got a key for alarm itself either so really snookered,any help would great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement