Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what girls wear on a night out - guys opinion

Options
  • 30-12-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Ok looking for a guys opinion here,
    had this debate with some male friends last night and they said they do not like seeing girls wearing mini dresses, bare legs or high heels as it gives off the impression they are "easy".
    I disagreed for simple reason is that any of the girls they fancy and end up with wear short dresses etc.
    They said they prefer nice jeans and top, longer dresses that come just below the knee etc.
    So guys, what impression do you get from a girl who wears clothes that show legs/ boobs etc?
    Easy or just showing off what they have?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

I for one support our new scantly dressed overlords...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

To much is too easy.

I like a challange, not an open invitation for all...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I can be a bit too much. Generally the ones who wear the short micro skirts and low cut tops are cock teases, but they are nice to look at.

On this issue I can honestly say 'meh'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

OP you must stop hanging around with the gheys. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Why can't heterosexual men go out all scantily clad like without being labelled a gaylord?

Wouldn't it be hilarious to see scumbags forgoing their jeans and white shirts in favour of hot-pants and tank tops when they go out on the pull!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They don't like women in short skirts and high heels?

lolwut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I can be a bit too much. Generally the ones who wear the short micro skirts and low cut tops are cock teases, but they are nice to look at.

On this issue I can honestly say 'meh'

Oh really....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I dont like seeing girls with skirts so short they can barely sit down for fear of showing us their punani or however you spell it(not smell it before somebody says it :mad:)

They just look like sluts and tops to push your breasts together like puppies fighting in a small bag is a waste of time. You have breasts, thats good enough.

I was told recently that women do not dress for men, they dress for other women to make them jealous.

SLUTS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I dunno. I'm a wimmin and I don't think we dress up for each other. If any single woman is honest, she goes out in the hope that she'll pull/meet Mr Right. It seems now like the bar has moved and that you can no longer go out with a nice top and a pair of jeans on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Most men want to shag the sluts in the micro gear but don't want them for wives or longterm girlfriends.

Might not be PC but it is the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ok looking for a guys opinion here,
    had this debate with some male friends last night and they said they do not like seeing girls wearing mini dresses, bare legs or high heels as it gives off the impression they are "easy".

They only dress that way to attract men, therefore, your mates should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

The short answer is:
    they said they do not like seeing girls wearing mini dresses, bare legs or high heels as it gives off the impression they are "easy".

The above is a lie.

of the girls they fancy and end up with wear short dresses etc.

The above is true.

said they prefer nice jeans and top, longer dresses that come just below the knee etc.

The above is a lie

Hope that helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cylon

I'm sure girls dress that way for lots of different reasons (showing off/trying to attract guys/just like to dress up that way), I'm also quite sure that they are plenty guys out there that like them.

Personally I'm far more interested in meeting girls who are dressed in a classier way - a nice top and jeans/skirt or a nice dress that goes down to at least the knees. I do see that as more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Yeah mini skirts are disgraceful, I prefer the Muslim-style black bag and cloak thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

tallaght01 wrote: »
    The short answer is:

The above is a lie.

The above is true.

The above is a lie

Hope that helps :D
    The above is the truth
    cylon wrote: »
    I'm sure girls dress that way for lots of different reasons (showing off/trying to attract guys/just like to dress up that way), I'm also quite sure that they are plenty guys out there that like them.

Personally I'm far more interested in meeting girls who are dressed in a classier way - a nice top and jeans/skirt or a nice dress that goes down to at least the knees. I do see that as more attractive.
    The above is a lie

Excellent synopsis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Berty wrote: »
    I dont like seeing girls with skirts so short they can barely sit down for fear of showing us their punani or however you spell it(not smell it before somebody says it :mad:)

are you sure you didn't mean smell it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ah jesus, generalisation galore here! :rolleyes:

Short skirts are not always slutty. What looks trashy on one girl could look great on another. Your behaviour has a lot to do with it aswell. If you behave like a slut, you're gona be called a slut.

I'd like to think I can wear a short skirt and heels without being labelled a tart by people who don't even know me. If you feel good in it, wear it!

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Ah jesus, generalisation galore here!

Short skirts are not always slutty. What looks trashy on one girl could look great on another. Your behaviour has a lot to do with it aswell. If you behave like a slut, you're gona be called a slut.

I'd like to think I can wear a short skirt and heels without being labelled a tart by people who don't even know me. If you feel good in it, wear it!
    HOORE!!!!:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't go there, you'll be put on the list :(

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I'd like to think I can wear a short skirt and heels without being labelled a tart by people who don't even know me. !

Pics, let AH decide MizzLolly.

Otherwise we are just going to label you a prick-teasing tart of the highest order! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Just because a girl wears a skirt so short you can see up her fanny doesn't mean she's going to let you up her fanny. gosh I'm feeling blunt today...

someone earlier said women only dress that way to pull etc, I personally would dress that way if I had the legs for it, and I'm well and truly taken. If you've got it flaunt it, girls who say girls are slappers etc are usually just jealous (not always, I realise)
    I'm always jealous of them slappers :D

gosh I'm feeling blunt today...

As in James??

I wondered why he had disappeared from the charts! :pac:

/ba-dum-tish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...gosh I'm feeling blunt today...

Is that what they are calling it lately? - "Blunt"

Beaver, the carpet, (mowing the) lawn, I remember them, I must be getting old. ;)

O' well. At least your feeling it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm not a hoore :(

Quiet you!
    Fizman wrote: »
    Pics, let AH decide MizzLolly.

Otherwise we are just going to label you a prick-teasing tart of the highest order! :pac:

Ah, geez, plenty of boardsies have seen me out and I don't look like a hoore. Seriously though, it really does depend on how you wear it.

Also, oddly enough, the person's height comes into it too. If you're a tiny person, short skirts look grand. Long skirts/dresses can dwarf you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

Just because a girl wears a skirt so short you can see up her fanny doesn't mean she's going to let you up her fanny. gosh I'm feeling blunt today...

OP here, i agree.I just posed the question coz i would on occasion wear a short dress out. Never show legs and boobs just either or and didnt like the hole ides of being labelled a "slut" for it. I just think my legs are my best feature and like showing them off and i like getting dressed up at weekends as wear jeans all week.
    Also i am tiny, like 5'2/3 so feel even smaller in a longer dress.

Please explain this list sir. Her boomerang high heel target list I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

short skirt = slut
    skirt till knee = hot indie girl

Placebo wrote: »
    short skirt = slut
    skirt till knee = hot indie girl
    Half way = Hot indie slut girls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

If i woke up in the morning looking like (insert hawt model name here) clothes would be an optional extra.

Fair fecks to them. I'ts how you act that makes you slutty. Not how you dress.

Advertisement