Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what girls wear on a night out - guys opinion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

It doesn't stop me pullin Dublin wimmin with high heels, tights and mini skirts though, when your gud, your gud! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

ClioV6 wrote: »
    doesn't matter what ye wear out ya all look intimidating if you're even remotely good looking :(

What if you're an ugly girl in a short skirt?

Still intimidated? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

MizzLolly wrote: »

Still intimidated? ;)

Not really. :p
    I wouldn't consider many girls to be 'ugly' though tbh.

Still intimidated? ;)

Only if your GHAY...

I'm so gonna be banned here when I login in the mornin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

LOL either would I. I was just trying to make you feel better :P

LOL either would I. I was just trying to make you feel better :P
    Alcohol is the only thing that could ever help that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Only time I ever dressed up to go out was my debs, I don't dress up going out becasue I don't see the point in doing it just to get drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

wear something that suits and something your comfortable in..:)

I think what you wear only gets things started. You can be the best dressed stunner around and you'll have blokes chatting you up, but if you're a dope/airhead, your a dope/airhead...

The high heels get you a chat up line, that's it, you have to swim from there...

• Advertisement

papu wrote: »
    wear something that suits and something your comfortable in..:)

be careful what ye ask for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

doesn't matter what ye wear out ya all look intimidating if you're even remotely good looking :(

Ah , shucks .:)
    Darragh29 wrote: »
    What in da name of Jasus are ya about??? How come good looking == intimidating??? That's a fault in your perception, not the person you are looking at...
    I can see how that might happen , can't you?
    ah yeah I realise that alright.
    just saying, with some people(me :rolleyes:)..ya can't win. blahh.
    Yes , you can.:)
    Not really. :p

There's where you win .;)

Now , when I get the hang of multi quoting , future posts will look a lot better.

EDIT : Done and Dusted.

lol! :p
    nah, doesn't help much. It's ok though. :rolleyes::D

and yeah..was wondering what was going on with all the [/quote] things :p

anyway..sorry..back OT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Its all about first impressions. if some diseased looking yoke wearing a mini and a boob tube walks by ya, ur gonna think shes a tart and only looking to her her hole! same applies if shes not tarted up and wearing "decent" clothes, coz lets face it, thats the impression that skangers give off.

i presume ur mates are talking about women dressing like skangers. as long as a bird is hot, it doesnt matter what shes dressed like, mainly coz it'll suit her either way.

compare it to mary harney dressing the same as Girls Aloud. It just doesnt work! but if girls aloud were to dress like mary harney, they'd still look hot!

ps are you one of those women that ask men questions about women, and demand a definate answer? I've a mate like that. she wrecks my head! Also, it doesnt matter what hair a woman has! Its the same as above with the clothes!!! We dont go out looking specifically for blondes/brunnettes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

lol! :p
    nah, doesn't help much. It's ok though. :rolleyes::D

and yeah..was wondering what was going on with all the things :p

anyway..sorry..back OT!

Thanks for that.:o

Was only trying to give a female perspective on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

be careful what ye ask for!

MINE EYES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Its all about first impressions. if some diseased looking yoke wearing a mini and a boob tube walks by ya, ur gonna think shes a tart and only looking to her her hole! same applies if shes not tarted up and wearing "decent" clothes, coz lets face it, thats the impression that skangers give off.

i presume ur mates are talking about women dressing like skangers. as long as a bird is hot, it doesnt matter what shes dressed like, mainly coz it'll suit her either way.

compare it to mary harney dressing the same as Girls Aloud. It just doesnt work! but if girls aloud were to dress like mary harney, they'd still look hot!

ps are you one of those women that ask men questions about women, and demand a definate answer? I've a mate like that. she wrecks my head! Also, it doesnt matter what hair a woman has! Its the same as above with the clothes!!! We dont go out looking specifically for blondes/brunnettes!!

Right on man , tell it like it is !!

Would say most people have preferences, but, a good laugh and a bit of spark*... and its "love the one you're with"

*spark : not necessarily vodka, but it so often is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Ok looking for a guys opinion here,
    had this debate with some male friends last night and they said they do not like seeing girls wearing mini dresses, bare legs or high heels as it gives off the impression they are "easy".
    I disagreed for simple reason is that any of the girls they fancy and end up with wear short dresses etc.
    They said they prefer nice jeans and top, longer dresses that come just below the knee etc.
    So guys, what impression do you get from a girl who wears clothes that show legs/ boobs etc?
    Easy or just showing off what they have?!

Depends how a mini is worn. Saying that it means a girl is easy is pretty narrow minded. If it's well done, it can be lovely as opposed to the tart in a mini covered in slap, who obviously is easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

OP here,
    whoever asked about being one of those girls who ask guys loads of questions about guys, im not one of those.
    The debate came up after we were in town, a girl walked past and one of the guys goes look at the stage of yer one. The same guy always meets girls dressed like "yer one" so i just thought he was contradicting himself.
    And "yer one" pulled off whatever she wore quite well, she was by no means a skanger as i'd know her from around and she is a lovely girl and doesn't have a new guy for every day of the week as some people think when they see girls dressed like this.
    Height comes into it too, when your small like 5'2/3 a lot of longer clothes can swamp you, as i well know myself.
    So basically i just think that what one wears does not necessarily mean she acts the same way or by the way the impression that is given off.
    I know in my group of friends, we get sick of wearing jeans all week to work, and like to get dressed up to go out on weekends. There is no competitiveness between us and we just like to go out, have a laugh, if we are approached by guys great but if we are not its no big deal either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I never really dress like that. I seem to do just fine in my regular jeans, converse, leather jacket and scarf. Totally covered, but it works out just fine (insofar that it gets to the point of being annoying) for me.

Makes me wonder what I could do if I dressed the part...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

liah wrote: »
    I never really dress like that. I seem to do just fine in my regular jeans, converse, leather jacket and scarf. Totally covered, but it works out just fine (insofar that it gets to the point of being annoying) for me.

Makes me wonder what I could do if I dressed the part...
    This I also wonder and would like to see :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Despite what they may say, most hetro guys,given a choice, would prefer to surrounded by good looking girls wearing short skirts and low cut tops, actually good looking girls in bin bags would be good to

gives us a warm feeling inside :D,
    dosn't mean those girls are tarts or anything
    I hate it when people, men or women judge others by what they wear, tends to say more about them than anything else, its very school yard:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

BennyLava wrote: »
    Despite what they may say, most hetro guys,given a choice, would prefer to surrounded by good looking girls wearing short skirts and low cut tops, actually good looking girls in bin bags would be good to

gives us a warm feeling inside :D,
    dosn't mean those girls are tarts or anything
    I hate it when people, men or women judge others by what they wear, tends to say more about them than anything else, its very school yard:)
    Very very school yard.

The thing that gets me going is the fact that its other women talking about how men judge, when as far as I can see, its generally other women that are far more judgemental about how others dress, especially if the girl in the short dress and sexy shoes is better looking than they are.

Claws out, catty remarks,morality questioned, judgements made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Despite what they may say, most hetro guys,given a choice, would prefer to surrounded by good looking girls wearing short skirts and low cut tops,

I disagree. Me and my hetro friends do not like seeing girls dressed like this. We may say "oh, look at that, i'd give that one" but thats about it. They are only good for one thing. You would not want to bring one home to your mother.

It all depends on the bloke. I prefer a well dressed girl with a bit of class and decorum. Other guys depending on their social class and upbringing may enjoy a girl dressed differently.

Berty wrote: »
    It all depends on the bloke. I prefer a well dressed girl with a bit of class and decorum. Other guys depending on their social class and upbringing may enjoy a girl dressed differently.

haha! that's hilarious,
    oh no sir, too posh for me!

• Advertisement

Berty are you 15? :eek: :rolleyes:

Honestly man, get out and explore the world, and get over yourself:D

haha! that's hilarious,
    oh no sir, too posh for me!

Yeah definately. My OH family are from a "deprived area" and when we visit we often get asked "oh, are you going out tonight?" when we are just dressed smartly. I called to her my GF's sister in laws house one day and one of the neighbours asked what a detective was calling to the house for because I was wearing a suit. :D

My brothers in law and I have been in the pub loads of times when they say "aw man, look at her" and I turn around to see some girl with a tracksuit and gold chains and hoopy ear rings or short skirt, boob tube and hoopy earrings. I find that very unatractive.

I might see a girl dressed (IMO) nicely on a night out and they would think she's a posh bitch.

Horses for courses.

Berty are you 15? :eek: :rolleyes:

Honestly man, get out and explore the world, and get over yourself:D

No, I have standards and girls dressed like common whores are not very attractive.

EDIT: because bennylava does not read posts, rather takes them into his own context then I will repeat "dressed like" common whores not actually calling them common whores.

Berty wrote: »
    No, I have standards and girls dressed like common whores are not very attractive.

EDIT: because bennylava does not read posts, rather takes them into his own context then I will repeat "dressed like" common whores not actually calling them common whores.

"dressed like" common whores, nice

"clothes maketh the man" etc... enjoy your New Years:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 michael_23

From a lads point of view I really think it depends on how a girl carries herself. I see many girls dress with similar length skirts but they hold themselves very differently. Some girls can pull off :D a short mini with class and elegance (Kate Moss) where as some cant(loud, perma tanned Jodie Marsh types!!)

• Advertisement

Good point Michael, more about the woman than the clothes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

A lot of girls are into wearing not-too-mini skirts with black tights and heels/boots.

Quite respectable and more classy looking than jeans Imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When a girl is trying too hard for attention it turns me off to be honest. This whole wearing barely anything and dancing sexily with your best friend, f*ck off, you know exactly what you're doing. Boosting your own egos. I think the guys that cater for it are pathetic too. These same chicks then complain about how the only men they attract are douchebags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tits are tits and if they're on show I'm gonna look and enjoy it. Any red blooded male would.

However that girl would be chalked off as girlfirend material. Generalisation? Most definitely but if you don't want to be branded a slapper then don't dress like one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Ok looking for a guys opinion here,
    had this debate with some male friends last night and they said they do not like seeing girls wearing mini dresses, bare legs or high heels as it gives off the impression they are "easy".
    I disagreed for simple reason is that any of the girls they fancy and end up with wear short dresses etc.
    They said they prefer nice jeans and top, longer dresses that come just below the knee etc.
    So guys, what impression do you get from a girl who wears clothes that show legs/ boobs etc?
    Easy or just showing off what they have?!
    Your friends fancy you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Very very school yard.

The thing that gets me going is the fact that its other women talking about how men judge, when as far as I can see, its generally other women that are far more judgemental about how others dress, especially if the girl in the short dress and sexy shoes is better looking than they are.

Claws out, catty remarks,morality questioned, judgements made.

Yeah thats what I think aswell about women being more judgemental of other women. My girlfriend was talking to me before and mentioned some dress she was wearing some night and I was like I can't remember what I was wearing 3 days ago let alone what you were wearing 4 months ago. And I said nobody would then she asked her friend beside us if she remembered what she wore and she did...feckin women I tells ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I couldn't care less what she wore the night before, once she looks good cooking the brekkie in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm getting the impression some guys here truly believe skimpy clothes = guaranteed shag, and more modest clothes means legs firmly shut for the night.

Those guys... how should I put it?... don't have much experience of the opposite sex it would seem. Bless. ;)

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm getting the impression some guys here truly believe skimpy clothes = guaranteed shag, and more modest clothes means legs firmly shut for the night.

Those guys... how should I put it?... don't have much experience of the opposite sex it would seem. Bless. ;)

Indeed.

I've met thousands of gamey nuns! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Well something to look at is nice, but not too much, yea? Let the imagination run wild. :) Dresses are nice, not too long though. Jeaans are meh, not great. boob tube and micro are no no's. Mini skirt and a top is nice. Rules are, show your tits OR your legs, not both ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've found that among people of my age group 17/18/19 that people find it strange when you dont wear a skirt/shorts/dress on a night out.Went to a girl in my years birthday a few weeks ago wearing heels,jeans a corset and a cardigan and many commented on the fact i was wearing jeans.i did find lads paid less attention to me then if i was in a short skirt though so i think that dressing with a bit more skin on show does attract lads but not always for the right reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I've a load of single mates and I've never seen them 'targetting' the most attractive women in the place. Often these girls get put aside because a brief conversation will reveal that they are airheads who can't hold a conversation and they tend to know they are good looking and are gold diggers. It's not down to the tights or the mini or the heels, it's down to a conversation I think.

Not terribly fair. Attractive doesn't equal airhead, or rude, or disdainful, or dismissive or anything negative at all.

Perhaps the problem lies with the type of approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Ellie The Mess

Mmm...I'm not a guy but I think it really depends on what signals the said girls send: it's not just the clothes, it's the behaviour, the way girls talk etc...if your dressed slutty but stay composed and demostrate a certain degree of intelligence even in small conversations then you dont come across as easy...

But I'm a girl and I'm probably wrong...

Anyway...I might be hated for this but love handles and rounds of fat coming out of a mini skirt are a "oh god no no please"...no one likes to look like (look at) a squeezed sausage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Working in a shop, beside a rather well known under 18 kiddies disco in south dublin, it's usually the kids going to these events who dress like whores. Most people 18+ dress fairly respectable when they're out. I'm comparing the kids sense of dress to the likes you'd see in coppers or somewhere. I don't know how their parents let them out the door wearing what you'd see half of them wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Dudess wrote: »

+1

Its a ridiculous notion really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I'm a girl and while I like to look good on a night out, I don't think it necessary to flash alot of flesh! I would usually wear a dress, (either that shows a lot of leg OR cleavage, but not both at the same time, huge no-no!)

Tbh, if I see girls stalking around in tiny skirt/pants along with, erm, not very much of a top, I would think they're easy and obviously out for the shag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

How about the girls in here crapping on about how they like to dress like absolute whores but are not "easy" put their money where their mouth is and post pictures and let after hours be the judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

"A girl walks by and man she looks good. Not good in that classical way. I mean, you know, I'm talking she got half her ass hanging out her skirt, her titties are all mashed together, popping out the top of her turtle neck 'n ****.
    You're out with your buddies and had a couple of drinks and figure if you talk to her it might not come out right like "Damn look at those titties."

Oh uh uh wait a minute, just cause I'm dress this way does not make me a whore.

Which is true. Gentlemen that is true. Just because they dress a certain way doesn't mean they are a certain way. Don't ever forget it. But ladies you must understand that that is ****ing confusing. It just is.

That would be like me, Dave Chapelle the comedian, walking around the streets in a cop uniform. Somebody might run up on me "Oh thank God officer, help us. They're over here. Help us."

Just cause I'm dressed this way does not make me a police officer.

You understand what I'm saying? Ladies fine, you are not a whore. But you are wearing a whores uniform. Misunderstandings can happen."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Oh and I agree with Ass' idea 2 posts thataway ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Ass wrote: »
    How about the girls in here crapping on about how they like to dress like absolute whores but are not "easy" put their money where their mouth is and post pictures and let after hours be the judge.

Do you just want a free perve?? :rolleyes:

Advertisement