Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what girls wear on a night out - guys opinion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

What if you're a girl who likes to wear a short skirt, a nice pair of boots or a pretty top out but who is still capable of having an intelligent conversation?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

MizzLolly wrote: »
    What if you're a girl who likes to wear a short skirt, a nice pair of boots or a pretty top out but who is still capable of having an intelligent conversation?:)

Prepare to be rushed...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Its grand if you aren't orange. And you don't say hello by screeching storrreeee. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You're elected!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    doesn't matter what ye wear out ya all look intimidating if you're even remotely good looking :(

What in da name of Jasus are ya about??? How come good looking == intimidating??? That's a fault in your perception, not the person you are looking at...

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Prepare to be rushed...

I wasn't talkin' about myself! :eek:
    Nerin wrote: »
    Its grand if you aren't orange. And you don't say hello by screeching storrreeee. :)
    Hahaha very true. Thankfully I don't screech storeeeeeee at people.. nor do I hang out with wimmenz who do it!! ugh and I've said it many, mnay times before, too much fake tan is wrong!!! *shudder*
    Darragh29 wrote: »
    You're elected!

Huh? :confused:

Nerin wrote: »

Hey, I'm orange... :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Hey, I'm orange... :eek::eek::eek:

"oompa loompa dupe e dee do iv got another puzzle for you!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What in da name of Jasus are ya about??? How come good looking == intimidating??? That's a fault in your perception, not the person you are looking at...

ah yeah I realise that alright.
    just saying, with some people(me :rolleyes:)..ya can't win. blahh.

I thought ya meant orange as is...

http://www.grandorangelodge.co.uk/

Not as in Marcus Sweeney orange!

• Advertisement

It doesn't stop me pullin Dublin wimmin with high heels, tights and mini skirts though, when your gud, your gud! :D:D:D

doesn't matter what ye wear out ya all look intimidating if you're even remotely good looking :(

What if you're an ugly girl in a short skirt?

Still intimidated? ;)

Still intimidated? ;)

Not really. :p
    I wouldn't consider many girls to be 'ugly' though tbh.

Still intimidated? ;)

Only if your GHAY...

I'm so gonna be banned here when I login in the mornin...

LOL either would I. I was just trying to make you feel better :P

LOL either would I. I was just trying to make you feel better :P
    Alcohol is the only thing that could ever help that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Only time I ever dressed up to go out was my debs, I don't dress up going out becasue I don't see the point in doing it just to get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

wear something that suits and something your comfortable in..:)

I think what you wear only gets things started. You can be the best dressed stunner around and you'll have blokes chatting you up, but if you're a dope/airhead, your a dope/airhead...

The high heels get you a chat up line, that's it, you have to swim from there...

• Advertisement

papu wrote: »
    wear something that suits and something your comfortable in..:)

be careful what ye ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ah , shucks .:)
    I can see how that might happen , can't you?
    ah yeah I realise that alright.
    just saying, with some people(me :rolleyes:)..ya can't win. blahh.
    Yes , you can.:)
    Not really. :p

There's where you win .;)

Now , when I get the hang of multi quoting , future posts will look a lot better.

EDIT : Done and Dusted.

lol! :p
    nah, doesn't help much. It's ok though. :rolleyes::D

and yeah..was wondering what was going on with all the [/quote] things :p

anyway..sorry..back OT!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Its all about first impressions. if some diseased looking yoke wearing a mini and a boob tube walks by ya, ur gonna think shes a tart and only looking to her her hole! same applies if shes not tarted up and wearing "decent" clothes, coz lets face it, thats the impression that skangers give off.

i presume ur mates are talking about women dressing like skangers. as long as a bird is hot, it doesnt matter what shes dressed like, mainly coz it'll suit her either way.

compare it to mary harney dressing the same as Girls Aloud. It just doesnt work! but if girls aloud were to dress like mary harney, they'd still look hot!

ps are you one of those women that ask men questions about women, and demand a definate answer? I've a mate like that. she wrecks my head! Also, it doesnt matter what hair a woman has! Its the same as above with the clothes!!! We dont go out looking specifically for blondes/brunnettes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

lol! :p
    nah, doesn't help much. It's ok though. :rolleyes::D

and yeah..was wondering what was going on with all the things :p

anyway..sorry..back OT!

Thanks for that.:o

Was only trying to give a female perspective on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

be careful what ye ask for!

MINE EYES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Its all about first impressions. if some diseased looking yoke wearing a mini and a boob tube walks by ya, ur gonna think shes a tart and only looking to her her hole! same applies if shes not tarted up and wearing "decent" clothes, coz lets face it, thats the impression that skangers give off.

i presume ur mates are talking about women dressing like skangers. as long as a bird is hot, it doesnt matter what shes dressed like, mainly coz it'll suit her either way.

compare it to mary harney dressing the same as Girls Aloud. It just doesnt work! but if girls aloud were to dress like mary harney, they'd still look hot!

ps are you one of those women that ask men questions about women, and demand a definate answer? I've a mate like that. she wrecks my head! Also, it doesnt matter what hair a woman has! Its the same as above with the clothes!!! We dont go out looking specifically for blondes/brunnettes!!

Right on man , tell it like it is !!

Would say most people have preferences, but, a good laugh and a bit of spark*... and its "love the one you're with"

*spark : not necessarily vodka, but it so often is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Ok looking for a guys opinion here,
    had this debate with some male friends last night and they said they do not like seeing girls wearing mini dresses, bare legs or high heels as it gives off the impression they are "easy".
    I disagreed for simple reason is that any of the girls they fancy and end up with wear short dresses etc.
    They said they prefer nice jeans and top, longer dresses that come just below the knee etc.
    So guys, what impression do you get from a girl who wears clothes that show legs/ boobs etc?
    Easy or just showing off what they have?!

Depends how a mini is worn. Saying that it means a girl is easy is pretty narrow minded. If it's well done, it can be lovely as opposed to the tart in a mini covered in slap, who obviously is easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

OP here,
    whoever asked about being one of those girls who ask guys loads of questions about guys, im not one of those.
    The debate came up after we were in town, a girl walked past and one of the guys goes look at the stage of yer one. The same guy always meets girls dressed like "yer one" so i just thought he was contradicting himself.
    And "yer one" pulled off whatever she wore quite well, she was by no means a skanger as i'd know her from around and she is a lovely girl and doesn't have a new guy for every day of the week as some people think when they see girls dressed like this.
    Height comes into it too, when your small like 5'2/3 a lot of longer clothes can swamp you, as i well know myself.
    So basically i just think that what one wears does not necessarily mean she acts the same way or by the way the impression that is given off.
    I know in my group of friends, we get sick of wearing jeans all week to work, and like to get dressed up to go out on weekends. There is no competitiveness between us and we just like to go out, have a laugh, if we are approached by guys great but if we are not its no big deal either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I never really dress like that. I seem to do just fine in my regular jeans, converse, leather jacket and scarf. Totally covered, but it works out just fine (insofar that it gets to the point of being annoying) for me.

Makes me wonder what I could do if I dressed the part...

Advertisement