Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help digital photography !!!!

• 30-12-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can anyone tell me what type of hardware/software a professional video editor uses to transfer a finished product to cd,dvd or tape? for example from after editing on his pc how can he put them on tape? and is there an all in one type of pc or machine for uploading editing and making copies that a pro might use? many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

To DVD, I'd be using DVD Studio Pro, for menu's et al.

Never had to use VHS tbh :o

Back when I was doing a bit of this, we were working off DV, so we just had a DV player/recorder which was linked to Premiere. Made it very easy to take off / put on to tape. For VHS we just plugged in a good VCR into the DV player.

DVDs are software so I imagine there are a range of suites - havne't used premiere in 5 years but I would imagine it can now burn the final output straight onto DVD.

To clarify - we mainly used Adobe Premiere, we then hooked a DV player into the PC and just worked from there. What exactly are you trying to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 oh no it isnt

thanks,im working on an assignment to built a workstation from mother board up for a photographer to upload, edit and produce to dvd ect.ive just stared to research it. i can build the pc, rams,cpu,harddrive and get the correct software ect.but i cant find any info on how the pro uploads the photos for the customer and what hardware can connect to his pc to make a finished product(cd,dvd,tape)(obviously he doesnt just use his normal dvd drive). or is there and all in one workstation that is available for professionals.Thanks:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'm no pro at video but I edit with uleasd or windows movie maker, both publish to disc from within the programs as far as I remember through the inbuilt dvd rewriter. I then use a lightscribe drive for the image on the disc using roxio / sonic for editing the image.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks :):)

thanks,im working on an assignment to built a workstation from mother board up for a photographer to upload, edit and produce to dvd ect.ive just stared to research it. i can build the pc, rams,cpu,harddrive and get the correct software ect.but i cant find any info on how the pro uploads the photos for the customer and what hardware can connect to his pc to make a finished product(cd,dvd,tape)(obviously he doesnt just use his normal dvd drive). or is there and all in one workstation that is available for professionals.Thanks:confused:

I would imagine then that all you really need is a PC with plenty of Ram / Proc and plenty of sockets. We had custom PCs built for us which were good for rendering things quickly, then just layed down the files on DV.

I don't see why a package made of standard, off the shelf sockets won't work for you.

I would imagine then that all you really need is a PC with plenty of Ram / Proc and plenty of sockets. We had custom PCs built for us which were good for rendering things quickly, then just layed down the files on DV.

I don't see why a package made of standard, off the shelf sockets won't work for you.

thanks mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Pro's often use an AJA box for taking in and out multiple video formats.

The cheapest way to get Video out to tape is with a USB to S-Vid/Composite adaptor which are about €50.

Duplication is usually done on a seperate machine which has about 9 or 10 drives on it. Its a regular PC but the Tower is built to accomodate all the extra drives. DVD Duplicator

Pro's often use an AJA box for taking in and out multiple video formats.

The cheapest way to get Video out to tape is with a USB to S-Vid/Composite adaptor which are about €50.

Duplication is usually done on a seperate machine which has about 9 or 10 drives on it. Its a regular PC but the Tower is built to accomodate all the extra drives. DVD Duplicator

Thanks artvandulet.Very helpfull. I never new such a tower existed.Thats great.As you say its a regular pc, but im wondering would I also need to use a seperate pc in conjunction with this one or would it have the room and power inside for all the extras(extra ram,cpu's,graphic/sound cards and raid drives ect) or is best to leave it specifically for for the cd/dvd finishing end of things and another seperate tower for the other stuff ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Best practice is always to have dedicated machines.
    1 machine is your edit suite. 1 machine is your duplication.
    1 machine is your Internet/personal PC.

Advertisement