Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar style advice

Options
  • 30-12-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

This may sound crazy, but I need some advice about guitar styles.
    Have been playing acoustic on and off for years but have plateaued because of not being able to sing and sick of just strumming chords. Would like to play classical but cant grow long left handed fingernails because of work (Chef).

Have been thinking of lead guitar as a substitiute, Any opinions? Is this relatively easy to learn by yourself?
    My main goal is to play solo at home and have no aspirations to join a band.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Just get some of these and don't give up on your ambition to play classical.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 leon45

You really don't need much of a nail on your right hand (thats if you are a right handed player) a couple mm of white bit.

(I think it's only when your become quite advance and want to improve your tone quality that it's necessary to grow longer nails)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Learn EVerything Classical and lead guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Doctor J wrote: »
    Just get some of these and don't give up on your ambition to play classical.

D'oh! Forgot the link

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/cats/PKFG.html

Advertisement