Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's for the chop then?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Oasis and A-Wear and the like having constant sales. Arnotts and BT's actually as well.

True, actually every rag trade retailer is on sale/promotion for past 6 - 12 months in ROI.

My Dunnes is up on sales this time last year and has been hiring twice in the last 6 weeks..weird.[/quote]

Gr8 news. Mrs H is finally seeing the benefit of finally lowering her prices on both basic/"never out of stock" lines & on seasonal lines after 10-15 years of constant price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Just wondering what happens to the clothes from the shops that have closed down without selling off all their stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If there's another branch, its transferred to them (usually). A lot of shops transfer clothes between them anyway (sale stock etc.). If not then I'd imagine its sent back to the supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Was in Dundrum shopping centre today and it looks like both Club Denim and Spectra Digital are gone.

I wonder if that Spectra Digital are a franchise or is the whole company in trouble

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

swingking wrote: »
    Was in Dundrum shopping centre today and it looks like both Club Denim and Spectra Digital are gone.

Spectra is not a surprise, with the rise of internet access, digital cameras and on-line photo services like photobox, brings and mortar photo printing shops are going to die except for kiosks and professional outfits I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

swingking wrote: »

Club Denim went into liquidation last week.
    Spectra is probably just a business decision.

Overall Dundrum is meant to be the star shopping centre performer in UK / Ireland in the last few months.

Birthdays Card stores have gone into admin in UK (they were owned by Clintons) - Irish stores are operated as a seperate entity and are not affected and remain under control of Clinton Cards.

Advertisement