Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gojira anyone?

• 30-12-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Just got a copy of The Way of All Flesh, never listened to anything by them before and must say im impressed, what say ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Picked up that album and didn't think too much of it, tbh. It was quite a letdown after all the hype going around about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Get "The Link" by them, its a deadly album, one of my top 10 easily. I did not think too much of the way of the flesh either really .

This is my favourite song of theirs, although I don't think it is for many people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fantastic band. I'd say that From Mars To Sirius is definitely their best though, so you should get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Will disagree with the above posters in that for me Terra Incognita is their best album.Fecking great band though.Quality meatl from France.Whoda thunk it.:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I like the new album but I prefer from sirius to mars,now thats a masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Free mp3s/ videos for French metalophiles. For personal use only.

http://www.french-metal.com/

Click on Médias/ then MP3/Vidéos and download your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

It's a pretty win album

From Mars To Sirius is godly tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

New album was a let down for me too :(

Really enjoyed the 3 previous albums though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Decided to give them a listen. Got their first 2 albums, Terra Incognita is great, haven't listened to the Link as much, I'll have to give it some more spins.

Gojira headline:
    14/3 Dublin Academy
    15/3 Belfast Lime Light
    22/3 London Underworld Camden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

djScarey wrote: »
    Gojira headline:
    14/3 Dublin Academy
    15/3 Belfast Lime Light
    22/3 London Underworld Camden

I can find tickets for every show bar the ones in Dublin and Belfast :( Who are they selling them through?

Can't help, Octav. Have picked up a £12.50 ticket on TicketWeb for the London gig , but like you say Dublin/ Belfast seem to be out of the loop. Also with Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

djScarey wrote: »
    Can't help, Octav. Have picked up a £12.50 ticket on TicketWeb for the London gig , but like you say Dublin/ Belfast seem to be out of the loop. Also with Ticketmaster.

£12.50, niiice

What's weird is the two Irish gigs aren't even listed in the tour dates on last.fm either. Maybe they'll appear in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

Looked forward to The Way of All Flesh BIG TIME, but was very disappointed.

They seem to be missing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Gojira are ridiculously good. So heavy, so tight, so original.

Anyone in doubt of this needs to listen to 'The Art Of Dying' from the new album. That's some bonecrushing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Good man, Joe. You headin to see them in Dub?

Anyone know who's supporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Would be interesting to see them headline. Savage band

Cousin it wrote: »
    Good man, Joe. You headin to see them in Dub?

Anyone know who's supporting?

Ha, yeah I am.

I don't know, I think its DME putting it on. I'd ****ing love to play that gig.

Gojira vocalist Joe Duplantier has spoken to Metal Hammer about their forthcoming tour.

"We’ll be focusing on the last album, but we’ll also play songs from ‘Terra Incognito’, ‘The Link’ and ‘From Mars To Sirius."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I cant wait for this gig! Only got into them in September but they've quicky become one of my ffavourite bands.

When do you think the tickets will be on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Any recomendations for similar bands? Gojira are absolutely brilliant, The Way of All Flesh is excellent as is Mars to Sirus. I would love to get into similar stuff, I hear The Ocean are pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I think the vocalist sounds very like Jens Kidman of Meshuggah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah you really have to check out The Ocean. Deadly group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was disappointed with the new album, but this band are unreal live....

Please please please listen to 'The Art Of Dying' from the new album, epic stuff.

If you're looking for something similar to Gojira I wouldn't really know. Listen to Ion Dissonance if its heavy you're after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I have been trying to get into this band but unless band do guitar solos im afraid i just tar them with the same brush as korn tbh.

To me a lead guitarist who dosnt solo is like a jcb driver who can drive it from place to place but cant operate the digging arm.

Thumbs down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Gojira are epic win.
    First saw them when they supported Trivium (along with Annihilator another win band) at the Ambassador on the Crusade tour.
    New album is damn good aswell.

I have been trying to get into this band but unless band do guitar solos im afraid i just tar them with the same brush as korn tbh.

To me a lead guitarist who dosnt solo is like a jcb driver who can drive it from place to place but cant operate the digging arm.

Thumbs down

Jesus, no offense mate but HOLY **** THAT IS SO ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Thumbs down

I pity you, being unable to find enjoyment in any music without guitar solos.

You're really cutting yourself off.

Maybe you'll grow out of it, solos are far from the bees knees.

• Advertisement

Ha, you tell 'em Tom, although it would be unfair to subject anyone else to the amount of Meshuggah you injest hourly!

Advertisement