Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gojira anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

IthinkI'vejusthadajoygasm!!!

Gojira are playing here \o/

I am SOOOOOOOOooooooooooo there.

I think they're the best metal band on the planet. Very diverse and creative stuff. Didn't think the latest album was as good as "From Mars..." or "Terra..." but it's really grown on me regardless.

See ye there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Excellent. Only €15 to see them. Gig's on in Whelans according to ticketmaster.

I love that about metal. You can see f*ckin brilliant bands for €15 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kharn wrote: »
    IthinkI'vejusthadajoygasm!!!

Gojira are playing here \o/

I am SOOOOOOOOooooooooooo there.

I think they're the best metal band on the planet. Very diverse and creative stuff. Didn't think the latest album was as good as "From Mars..." or "Terra..." but it's really grown on me regardless.

See ye there :D

Savage! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Savage! :D
    Wheres wheelans exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wexford Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Any gig buddies for this? :o

(apologies for bump)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

If anyone gets sick / "matures" and "grows out" of their "metal phase" / gets a better offer for Saturday night / gets grounded, s'il vous plait, pm me. Or, better yet, go to www.toutless.com.

Porca vaca, I should have bought tickets long ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ouch. Only a day late too :(.

kaki wrote: »
    If anyone gets sick / "matures" and "grows out" of their "metal phase" / gets a better offer for Saturday night / gets grounded, s'il vous plait, pm me. Or, better yet, go to www.toutless.com.

Porca vaca, I should have bought tickets long ago :(
    O man now that sucks!!! whats the capacity of wheelans anyway? 300 people?? less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Wow, surprised this has sold out. I've got my ticket anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Oh well, guess I'm sitting this one out.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I didn't know it was sold out, I suppose I should have expected it though. Ah well, guess I won't be going to this either.

Just home from the gig there and all i can say was. BEST GIG OF MY LIFE. I thought the two support bands were terrible but from the second gojira went on it was instant madness. Only gripe is they played a sight to behold yet esoteric surgery or toxic garbage island was nowhere to be seen. Also woulda preferred a full Flying Whales but they put on such a great show anywherei couldnt CARE.

I gotta say it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Tons of energy, good set, and they all seem damn sound. Got my ticket signed by all of em and pictures with Christian and Mario.

All in all it was one fantastic gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

What an amazing gig, thank God I was there to see it.

Let me guess, top left hand side next to the stage, i musta been about 2 feet from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Gotta agree with everyone, that gig was ****ing amazing !!

I wish I wasn't wearing my glasses, I had to leave the front like 4 songs for fear of loosing them in which really pissed me off.

I think they ( Gojira ) were really suprised by the crowd and really got off on it !!

Patricide wrote: »
    Let me guess, top left hand side next to the stage, i musta been about 2 feet from you.

Yeah I was there afterwards, waiting to get the bands signatures. Were you the guy with the girl? Who my mate went and got when we found Jean - Michel later?

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Yeah I was there afterwards, waiting to get the bands signatures. Were you the guy with the girl? Who my mate went and got when we found Jean - Michel later?
    Nah i was with a bunch of guys. Shortish hair slayer eagle hoodie.....o wait this doesnt really narrow it down in that room haha.

Patricide wrote: »
    Nah i was with a bunch of guys. Shortish hair slayer eagle hoodie.....o wait this doesnt really narrow it down in that room haha.

True :p Was a brialliant gig though. Would love to see them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yeah that was pretty nuts. The amount of crowd surfing going on was madness. From The Sky, Clone and Flying Whales were the highlights for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

Been to alot of gigs, but this one will definately stick out in my mind forever.

I brought my girlfriend, who was ever only at the likes of Damien Dempsey before...and she was totally blown away!! What a great band.
    They were so feckin sound. They really seemed impressed with the crowd.

My brother managed to get a pick and a drumstick, because they spent AGES shaking hands and generally being awesome.

What a great f***ing band

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

I went and it was my first REAL metal gig ever!! (hmmm, yes ive only EVER gone to see Damien Dempsey and his likes... what d f?!!!) but what an intro... such a laugh up there top left of the stage!! What really blew me away was how NICE every one was...:D big mad rough looking metal heads letting me stand in front of them so I could see.. great atmoshphere.. haha:o!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Thanks for these Whelans reviews. Got me drooling for next Sunday in Camden...can't wait, well I can but it's a pain having to, more so having read the latter thread stages.

bada-bing wrote: »
    I went and it was my first REAL metal gig ever!! (hmmm, yes ive only EVER gone to see Damien Dempsey and his likes... what d f?!!!) but what an intro... such a laugh up there top left of the stage!! What really blew me away was how NICE every one was...:D big mad rough looking metal heads letting me stand in front of them so I could see.. great atmoshphere.. haha:o!!!
    If you were that small chick in the front taking pictures i appologise if i banged off you...i think thats that you were trying to say but i was half deaf anf half cut to have heard!!

Does anyone remember if the second song they played was Death of Me ? I am trying to remember if they played it or not, but my memory is dire, and I was concentrating on not going face first into Joes crotch for the first 4 songs.

No the second song they played im pretty sure was backbone, not 1000% sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

Definately didnt play Death of Me. Backbone.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Something to Behold is an amazing, amazing song. I love that chorus with the finger tapping

Does anyone remember if the second song they played was Death of Me ? I am trying to remember if they played it or not, but my memory is dire, and I was concentrating on not going face first into Joes crotch for the first 4 songs.

The second song was Heaviest Matter of the Universe. I'm 100% sure on it cause I was hoping they'd play it :D

• Advertisement

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    The second song was Heaviest Matter of the Universe. I'm 100% sure on it cause I was hoping they'd play it :D

Ahh yes, you are dead on !!

Advertisement