Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

O Mara Motors Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

I love the homepage... Rover SD1 and all in the background!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The new Starlet looks pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Talk about making things simple, the Corolla has saloon, 3 door hatchback, 5 door hatchback and Estate as the body choices, a petrol or a diesel engine, and if you want a saloon you can have an automatic gearbox too.

Just look at the homepage, I love the photo of the new Corolla with the shiny black plastic bumpers as standard:D!

There's also a *lovely* beige Mini there to the right too!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,461 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They do have a current website ;)

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would've thought a site full of oul Carinas and the odd Camry would suit you down to the ground VB!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would've thought a site full of oul Carinas and the odd Camry would suit you down to the ground VB!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

volvo boy you will have de relation after you, you have been warned

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

The price list makes interesting reading

Base 1996 Starlet 1.3XLi IR£11,030 = €14,005 approx

Base 2008 Yaris 1.0VVT-i 3dr Terra €14,175

Base 2008 Yaris 1.3VVT-i 3sr Stata €16,255

So in 12 years the price of a base model small car has increased by €170! ( or by about 16% or €2250 for the 1.3 although the 1.0 is a more relevent example and obviously ignores the improvment in spec over the years)

The price differential for a 2.0 dsl Carina against a 2.0 dsl Avensis is also under 20%. Hard to think of many items that have increased by such low inflation as cars over the past 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

maidhc wrote: »
    I love the homepage... Rover SD1 and all in the background!

It's probably not an SD1.... but a Rover 2000 or even more rarely a Rover 3000.

My own family were Austin Rover dealers way back and we sold a handful of 2000's.....I loved them, until I trapped my head between the electric window and the roof and it wouldn't stop choking me....I mean it didn't register with me that I needed to take my finger off the switch. :rolleyes: Ah the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AlanD wrote: »
    It's probably not an SD1.... but a Rover 2000 or even more rarely a Rover 3000.

My own family were Austin Rover dealers way back and we sold a handful of 2000's.....I loved them, until I trapped my head between the electric window and the roof and it wouldn't stop choking me....I mean it didn't register with me that I needed to take my finger off the switch. :rolleyes: Ah the memories.
    It's an SD1 all right, my money's on it being a 2600SE.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a 1.3 12 valve Starlet is only 53bhp! jesus, they must be so light.

also, the link on the bottom right:
    http://www.iol.ie/~omara/

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

showroom.jpg

Advertisement